Top Reasons to Visit The Four Seasons Inn
- The inn sits on 4 acres featuring flower gardens, gazebos, and a sitting area along the Deerfield River.
- It’s less than 2 miles from Mount Snow, a four-season resort with hiking and more than 20 miles of mountain-biking trails.
- A 5-mile pedestrian pathway known as the Valley Trail runs right past the property; it connects you to Mount Snow up north and antique shops in the West Dover Historic District to the south.
- The inn’s eatery, The Hunt Club Restaurant, serves regional cuisine with european flair. Dishes include sesame-ginger scallops and coffee-brown-sugar-rubbed rib eye. The restaurant is BYOB, so bring along a bottle of red wine or some locally brewed Vermont beers and enjoy a dinner by the fireplace.
- Individually decorated guest rooms feature antique furnishings and floral accents; some have fireplaces and private balconies.
- Also onsite: a 2,500-square-foot dog kennel with heated floors, gated dens, and open play areas. You can leave your pup to play here during the day, and then bring him back to your room at night.
West Dover, Vermont: Rural Countryside in the Mount Snow Valley
Located in the center of southern Vermont at the edge of the Green Mountains, West Dover is the commercial center of the larger Dover community. You can find antique shops and other quaint stores throughout the country town, and there are a handful of eclectic art galleries nearby that display intricate paper art and metalwork.
The town's most popular attraction is Mount Snow, a four-season resort located 3 miles from the hotel. It’s a popular downhill-skiing resort from November to about mid-April. Starting Memorial Day weekend, the resort opens 35 miles of trails for mountain biking, which you can access by hopping in an express chairlift or a catapult. Mount Snow also has an 18-hole golf course and chairlifts offering views of southern Vermont and New York State. In warmer months, hikers and mountain bikers can take advantage of more than 20 miles of trails through the mountain terrain, accessible by chairlift.
For fishing and boating, head to Lake Whitingham, located 30 minutes south of the hotel. Launch your boat from the eastern shore, and keep an eye out for American bald eagles and common loons.