Top Reasons to Stay at The Lodges at Sunset Village
- One- and two-bedroom cabins feature log furnishings and fireplaces, as well as flat-screen TVs, kitchenettes with granite countertops, and free WiFi.
- Up to eight guests can be comfortably accommodated in the two-bedroom cabins, making them a great choice for those traveling with families.
- The $100 activity credit can be used at Smiley's Funzone & Pizzeria, an indoor and outdoor adventure park with bowling, laser tag, an arcade, and when weather permits, bumper boats and mini golf.
- Other activities to keep you busy during your stay include watersports lessons at the lake, rock climbing, kayaking, and hiking at Swallow Falls State Park, known for its beautiful, 53-foot waterfall and impressive rock formations.
- You can keep snacks in the cabin’s kitchenette or make the short drive to Smiley’s when it’s time to eat. For something more upscale, head to Pine Lodge Steakhouse & Saloon.
McHenry, Maryland: Hiking and Climbing near Deep Creek Lake
It’s only a couple hours or so from Pittsburgh, DC, and Baltimore, but rural McHenry, Maryland, feels a world away from the hustle and bustle of city life. It’s an outdoors-lover’s dream, offering the approximately 3,900-acre Deep Creek Lake, easygoing hiking trails, and adrenaline-spiking rafting and rock-climbing adventures. Some of the most beautiful scenery in the area can be found at Swallow Falls State Park, where hiking trails wind through hemlock-shaded gorges along the Youghiogheny River. The main attraction is Muddy Creek Falls, a stunning, 53-foot waterfall.
The layouts of four local golf courses capitalize on the naturally hilly landscape, incorporating wooded terrain and lakes into their designs. Those interested in rock climbing and rappelling should make their way to Fork Run Recreation Area, where a number of boulders are strewn across 550 acres.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.