Top Reasons to Visit The Nordic Inn
- Classic and signature king and double-queen guest rooms are equipped with complimentary WiFi and cable TV with free HBO.
- Each stay includes a daily complimentary continental breakfast.
- The inn is located only 500 yards from the ski lifts at the base of Crested Butte Mountain Resort. A free shuttle whisks passengers to and from the lifts.
- After a day on the slopes, you can soak in the outdoor hot tub.
- The inn is located just 3 miles from downtown Crested Butte, home to dozens of independent restaurants, bars, and shops.
Crested Butte, Colorado: Small Ski-Resort Town in the Rockies with Authentic Old West Charm
Crested Butte is situated at 9,000 feet in southwest Colorado's Rocky Mountains, and it’s surrounded by some lovely scenery. After a resort area was built on Crested Butte Mountain in 1961, the former coal-mining town emerged as a major ski center, particularly for extreme skiers. The mountain today has the Gold Link Terrain Park. The park is great for skiers of all levels, though—74% of its 121 trails are designated at the intermediate/beginner level.
Crested Butte's downtown area nods to its Old West roots. Victorian storefronts and art galleries line downtown Elk Avenue, and there’s a famous rum distillery that welcomes visitors year-round. For a glimpse into the town's history, head to the Crested Butte Mountain Heritage Museum, which has an elaborate diorama that elucidates life here in the mining days of the 1920s.
Though most famous for skiing, Crested Butte is also hailed as one of the most dynamic cities in the country for mountain biking. Some even claim the sport actually began here. Located 8 miles from the hotel, Pearl Pass—the birthplace of the "fat-tire" craze—stretches for nearly 40 miles through rugged alpine terrain.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.