What You Get
1-night stay for two in a traditional two-double room, valid for travel 3/24–4/30/15
- Option 1: $79 to check in Sunday–Thursday; not valid for Friday or Saturday stays (up to a $199 value)
- Option 2: $109 to check in Friday; not valid for Saturday–Thursday stays (up to a $257 value)
- Option 3: $139 to check in Saturday; not valid for Sunday–Friday stays (up to a $271 value)
1-night stay for two in a traditional two-double room, valid for travel 5/1–6/12/15
- Option 4: $99 to check in Sunday–Thursday; not valid for Friday or Saturday stays (up to a $236 value)
- Option 5: $119 to check in Friday; not valid for Saturday–Thursday stays (up to a $263 value)
- Option 6: $149 to check in Saturday; not valid for Sunday–Friday stays (up to a $324 value)
Included in all options (all inclusions are per stay):
- C$20 dining credit at Applebee’s
- C$30 dining credit at Remington’s of Niagara (must purchase two main dinner entrees)
- Wine tastings for two at four local wineries (Inniskillin, Jackson-Triggs, Trius, and Peller Estates)
- Chocolate FX factory tour for two
- C$25 slot play at Fallsview Casino
Policies and Fees
Book by: 5/22/15
Travel by: 4/30/15 or 6/12/15, depending on option purchased
- Blackout dates: 4/3-4/4/15, 4/10-4/11/15, and 5/16-5/17/15
- Cancellation policy & fees: 48-hour cancellation notice required or fee up to the Groupon price applies.
- Taxes: 13% tax and 3.95% TIF fee not included
Modern Hotel Overlooking Niagara Falls
The Oakes Hotel Overlooking the Falls has front-row seats to one of nature’s grandest spectacles. Located in the heart of the Fallsview tourist area, it’s one of the closest hotels in Canada to Niagara Falls. Guests are also within walking distance of local attractions such as the adjacent Fallsview Casino Resort, home to a Vegas-style theater, shopping arcades, and lively gaming areas (this deals includes a $25 slot play at the casino).
You don’t even have to leave the hotel for stunning views. The glass-and-steel tower features an observation lounge on the 14th floor where you’ll find floor-to-ceiling windows and five enclaves furnished with chairs and couches.
With this deal, you’ll get a $30 dining credit for two at Remingtons of Niagara, a casual fine-dining steak house and seafood restaurant that features singing servers and a collection of Remington sculptures, located about a mile away. Served in an intimate dining room, entrees range from new york strip steaks to alaskan king crab legs. A complimentary shuttle from the hotel to the restaurant is available nightly.
This package also includes a two-person wine tasting at four local vineyards, such as Trius Winery, Jackson-Triggs, Peller Estates Winery, or Inniskillin, along with a tour at Chocolate FX.
Niagara Falls, Ontario: Panoramic Views of the Falls near Vegas-Style Casinos and Water Parks
At Niagara Falls—considered by many to be one of the world’s seven natural wonders—water thunders downward from a height of nearly 200 feet, crashing onto craggy boulders below. The falls straddle the border between Canada and the United States, with segments located in both New York and Ontario, but the Canadian side of the Niagara River is universally hailed as the finest vantage point to take in all three of Niagara Falls’ photogenic brinks: American, Bridal Veil, and Horseshoe Falls.
Hornblower cruises ferry raincoat-clad passengers around the base of the falls from April through October, depending on the river’s ice conditions. Year-round, Journey Behind the Falls grants a glimpse behind the curtain of Horseshoe Falls—board an elevator that descends 150 feet into the bedrock, then stand at an observation deck steps away from the cascading water.
A 10-minute walk from the falls, you’ll see the neon glow of the Clifton Hill neighborhood. Its Fallsview Boulevard has plenty of Vegas-style kitsch, including glitzy casinos, indoor water parks, restaurants, and soggy Elvis impersonators.
Traditional Two-Double Room
- Two double beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: $20 per night for each additional guest 19 or older; kids 18 or younger stay free
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: lot parking available for an additional $20 per day
- Rollaways: not available
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are not available.
- Room upgrades: available for an additional fee (subject to availability; inquire at booking)
- 14th-floor observation lounge
- Heated indoor pool
- Whirlpool and sauna
- Complimentary shuttle to Remington’s of Niagara
- Fitness center
The Fine Print
- Promotional value expires May 22, 2015. Amount paid never expires.
- Must book by 5/22/15 or promotional value expires
- Must complete travel by 6/12/15
- Not valid 4/3-4/4/15, 4/10-4/11/15, and 5/16-5/17/15
- Limit 5 per person, may buy 5 additional as gifts
- Limit 3 per visit
- Valid only for option purchased
- Reservation required, subject to availability
- 48-hour cancellation notice required or fee of applicable to 1-night's stay up to the Groupon price applies
- Must be 21 or older to check in
- Must be 19 or older to consume alcohol
- Credit card required at booking and check-in
- Must use promotional value in 1 visit
- Not valid with reward points
- 13% tax and 3.95% TIF fee tax not included.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About The Oakes Hotel Overlooking the Falls
- Nearest airports: Niagara Falls International Airport (IAG; 11 mi/18 km); Buffalo Niagara International Airport (BUF; 27 mi/44 km)
- Cab fare: about C$35 from IAG
- Driving distance from Buffalo: 21 miles (34 km)