Top Reasons to Stay at The Redwoods RV Resort
- It’s just a short drive from old-growth redwood forests and Crescent City Harbor, where you can watch seals and sea lions at play.
- You can kayak, swim, or fish for cutthroat trout in the emerald waters of Smith River, just a few miles away.
- There are plenty of activities on the resort property, including a brand-new horseshoe pit and children’s playground.
- The spacious cabins have fully stocked kitchens, barbecue grills, and covered outdoor porches that look out onto the surrounding forest. RV sites include water and 20/30/50-amp electric hookup, plus cable and WiFi.
- Guests are free to keep up to two pets in each cabin or RV site, and the resort has a covered dog-washing station that you can use at no charge.
Crescent City, California: Coastal Town near Redwood National Park
Redwood Highway, a portion of Highway 101 that runs north from San Francisco, wends through a tapestry of old-growth redwood forests and coastal cliffs that overlook the Pacific Ocean. The coastal town of Crescent City lies right alongside the Redwood Highway in far-northern California, just a few miles from the Oregon border. It’s surrounded by rocky beaches and a bustling commercial fishing port. There are a number of waterfront restaurants along the harbor where you can dine on fresh seafood while watching harbor seals and sea lions sunbathe nearby.
Crescent City is also a popular base town for explorers in search of the area’s main attraction: the tallest trees on earth. A short drive takes you into the heart of Redwood National and State Parks, a protected swath of forest divided among federal- and state-owned parks. Here, towering redwoods reach heights of up to 379 feet. The forest is crisscrossed by miles of hiking trails where you might see roosevelt elk or—if you’re lucky—a black bear. Jedediah Smith Redwoods State Park’s flat, 1-mile Simpson-Reed Trail is an easy trek through old-growth forest and is wheelchair and stroller accessible.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.