Hotel at a Glance: The Vineyard at Florence
These rustic Italianate villas are set amid 32 acres of rolling vineyards, where creeping vines hang heavy with ripe Cabernet and Lenoir grapes. You can sample the estate's robust wine selection in a gallery decked out with original artwork, or pick up a bottle at the onsite shop and take it to your guest room's private balcony. The property's cafe offers the additional temptation of handmade raspberry chocolate truffles and other treats from Bissinger's chocolatiers.
- Wine tasting for two included with your stay
- Savor wood-fired pizzas and chicken piccata beneath the shade of live oak trees at Cafe Elysia.
- Tuscan-inspired decor and private balconies add stylish touches to your upper level luxury room.
- Sunday brunch buffet: Feast on Belgian waffles and homemade quiche.
- Instant rejuvenation: The onsite spa offers Botox and filler treatments by appointment.
- Polo field on the property
Florence, Texas: Intimate Vineyards in Texas Hill Country
Florence sits in the heart of Texas Hill Country, amid acres of rolling green hills sprinkled with colorful wildflowers and rock formations. The landscape and warm climate are ideal for grape-growing. Visitors can sample local wines at several vineyards in the area or follow the Texas Wine Trail, which extends all the way to Austin.
Austin—less than an hour away by car—is definitely worth a day trip. The state's quirky capital city is home to eclectic museums, the main campus of the University of Texas, and scores of nightclubs where you can find some of the country's best live music.