Hotel at a Glance: Wildwood Inn
Tucked away on 4.5 wooded acres, the Wildwood Inn resembles a European country estate with its cascading outdoor swimming pool and French European-style architecture. This romantic landscape, as well as its 4-star restaurant, makes the inn a popular wedding venue. Inside, 14 individually decorated guest rooms feature romantic amenities, such as fireplaces and two-person whirlpool tubs. With this getaway, you’ll also receive a bottle of champagne to enjoy at your leisure.
- Antique touches: A French walnut armoire with hand-carved roses is one of many antiques scattered throughout the hotel.
- Start your morning with a complimentary breakfast and enjoy it by the pool.
- The stonework patio is a great spot to enjoy a cup of coffee or a glass of wine.
- Distance from Fort Worth and Dallas: Both downtowns are about a 40-minute drive away.
- Room Numbers: Standard rooms offered include 3, 8, and 11. Deluxe rooms include 2, 4, 7, and 9. Superior rooms include 1, 6, 10, and 12. For more room information, click here
Denton, Texas: College-Town with Historic Museums and Live Music Scene
Founded in 1846, the once-frontier town of Denton now exudes a youthful vibe thanks to the students of nearby University of North Texas and the Texas Woman’s University. After a 1989 revitalization project poured $36.5 million into restoring its historical district, Denton’s Main Street district is now lined with shops, cafés, pubs, and galleries.
Built in 1896, the Denton County Courthouse-on-the-Square houses a museum that brims with local history, including displays on weaponry, early Denton farm life, and the county’s African-American and Hispanic families. Every Saturday morning from 10 a.m. until noon, an Acoustic Lawn Jam takes place on the courthouse lawn, where guitarists, drummers, fiddlers, and singers perform. It’s a good introduction to Denton’s impressive live music scene, which includes several venues such as Hailey’s Club.