Hotel at a Glance: Ticaboo Resort
Take a scenic drive from the Southwest-themed Ticaboo Resort to reach Glen Canyon National Recreation Area, where you can hike past red rock formations and kayak in beautiful Lake Powell. The hotel affords a quiet place to recharge after a day spent on the water or barreling over sandy hills on Razor vehicles.
- Water and land adventure: With this Getaway, you’ll get either a one-hour Razor vehicle rental for off-road exploring or a resort credit valid toward dining, outdoor-equipment rentals, and more.
- Take a dip in the outdoor pool.
- Deluxe rooms feature WiFi, microwaves, and mini fridges.
- Have a cookout using the resort’s barbecue grills and picnic tables.
- Bring the dog: For $15 per night, Fido can stay in your room.
- Moki’s Restaurant: Enjoy fajitas and crème brûlée at the resort’s onsite eatery.
Lake Powell, Utah: Outdoor Adventure amid Stunning Rock Formations
A glittering oasis amid more than a million acres of deserts and jagged red rock cliffs in Glen Canyon National Recreation Area, Lake Powell draws hundreds of thousands of visitors each year. The massive manmade reservoir—created by the damming of the Colorado River at Glen Canyon—straddles the border of Utah and Arizona. Popular pursuits here include boating, water skiing, and fishing for bass and walleye. Near the lake’s southeast shore, you’ll find one of the world’s largest natural bridges, Rainbow Bridge National Monument, which stretches 275 feet across the remnants of an ancient body of water.