All-Inclusive Cozumel Beach Vacation
Divide your time between lounging on the beach, swimming in the outdoor pools, and dining on Mexican, Asian, and international specialties at an all-inclusive resort with Polynesian-style bungalows. This vacation from Travel by Jen includes:
- Round-trip airfare from Fort Lauderdale (FLL), Orlando (MCO), New York City, Washington, DC, Chicago, Detroit (DTW), Boston (BOS), Denver (DEN), Houston (IAH), or Cleveland (CLE)
- Taxes and fees
- Air travel to Cancún
- 5-night all-inclusive stay in a superior room at Allegro Cozumel Resort
- Unlimited meals and beverages at four restaurants and five bars
- Kids’ club with supervised activities
Optional upgrade: Guests may upgrade to the Ultimate Dive Experience for all five nights for a total of $249 per person. Contact Travel by Jen for details.
Resort at a Glance: Allegro Cozumel Resort
You’ll barely have to leave the water at the newly renovated Allegro Cozumel Resort. In addition to a white-sand beach that’s calm enough for swimming, kayaking, and snorkeling, the resort contains four pools. Two are set aside for relaxation, and another is used in the daily activities program. Pool and beach bars are just steps away.
- All you can eat at four restaurants, including Asian, Mexican, and buffets
- Polynesian-style bungalows feature thatched roofs, hammocks on the balconies, and woven furnishings.
- Change up your fitness routine at the fitness center, lighted tennis courts, beach volleyball court, or activities pool.
- 18 and up: The disco bar is adults only after 10 p.m.
- Good for kids: a pirate-themed water park with water slides and a splash fountain
- On-site dive shop: Guests can visit the on-site PADI Gold Palm Dive Shop to purchase diving instruction and equipment.
Cozumel, Mexico: Relaxed Tropical Island with World-Class Diving
Cozumel, Mexico’s largest Caribbean island, lies just off the eastern coast of the Yucatán peninsula. Compared to Cancún—Mexico’s spring-break capital, located 50 miles north—Cozumel is decidedly laid-back. Formerly a fishing settlement, the island remains blissfully free of high-rise resorts and other signs of overdevelopment. Visitors here tend to focus more on exploring the wilderness than on late-night beach parties. Adventure-tour companies arrange expeditions by land or by sea, including trips to ancient Mayan ruins and the island’s jungles, marshes, and dive sites known for deep canyons and tunnels.
More than 500 species of fish swim among turtles, rays, and countless other aquatic animals inside the coral formations at Palancar Reef, one of the dozens of diving and snorkeling sites encircling Cozumel. Another site, just off the northwestern coast, houses a 40-passenger Convair airliner. Sunk in 1977 for the filming of a Mexican disaster movie, the plane has become overgrown with coral and sea fans and is frequented by schools of colorful parrotfish. Above the surface, you’ll find white-sand beaches frequented by sunbathers.
There’s only one city on the island—San Miguel de Cozumel, where street vendors on a waterfront promenade sell everything from jewelry to Cuban cigars. It’s also where you’ll find an assortment of clubs and bars showcasing live reggae-salsa fusion and jazz bands. If you get hungry, try the region’s famed cochinita pibil, a dish made of suckling pig marinated in orange juice and a pungent blend of spices.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. From what airport does the deal depart? How much does it cost to fly from a city that isn’t included in the deal options? Deal options with 3-letter airport codes depart from that specific airport. Deal options with full city names depart from an airport that is assigned at time of redemption with the tour operator. Departures from airports that are not included in the deal options may be available (and may cost more). Call Travel by Jen at 1-800-603-3178 for pricing from any airport that isn’t listed on the Groupon Getaways deal page.
2. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? To check the availability of specific dates within the option you would like to purchase, please call us at 1-800-603-3178.
3. Do I need to buy a Groupon for my child? Kids 12 and under pay reduced rates. Please contact us at 1-800-603-3178 for child pricing.
4. Can the person I’m traveling with fly from a different city? As long as you are sharing a hotel room, the two people traveling together may fly from any city.
5. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available? We will do everything we can to accommodate the dates you wish to travel. In the event that we are unable to do so, the “Groupon Promise” allows you to refund your voucher.
6. Is this deal priced per person? What does “per person, based on double occupancy” mean? This deal is priced per person based on two people sharing a room. If only one person will be traveling, the person has to buy a voucher and pay a solo fee directly to Travel by Jen at the time of booking. If you have further questions, please call us at 1-800-603-3178.
7. Is the price advertised available on every date? Airfare subject to availability. Additional fees may apply for some departure dates. Contact Travel by Jen for details.