All-Inclusive Dominican Republic Beach Vacation
You’ll stay at an all-inclusive resort on the sands of Playa Dorada on this 5-night vacation from Travel by Jen. The vacation includes:
- Round-trip airfare from FLL, EWR, New YOrk, Albany, DC/Baltimore, BOS, or DEN.
- All-inclusive stay in a double room at Barceló Puerto Plata
- Unlimited national drinks and wide variety of food in the buffet and a la carte restaurants
- Towel service and chairs at the swimming pool and beach
- Evening shows with live music/entertainment
- Disco with drinks included
- Kahuna Party Pass, includes three hour open bar on the famous cabarete beach
- Merengue dance classes
- Games area
- Barcy Club featuring activities for children ages 4–12
- Pool and beach volleyball, water polo, sailing, and rowing
- Beginner diving classes in the pool with equipment
- Cigar factory tour or surf lesson; transportation not included.
- Taxes and tips included
Property at a Glance: Barceló Puerto Plata
Life at Barceló Puerto Plata revolves around the beach. The all-inclusive resort sits on Playa Dorada and has numerous activities held there all day so you never have to leave the soft white sands: enjoy volleyball, sailing, and a beach bar that turns into a disco at night. Three additional bars are onsite, too, serving up a selection of national and international drinks, and guests can choose from a huge selection of food at six a la carte restaurants and a buffet.
- A la carte dining: Mexican, Japanese, Italian, and surf-and-turf restaurants, a Brazilian steakhouse, and a pizzeria
- Double rooms with beachy decor, a stocked minibar, and a private balcony overlooking tropical gardens
- Go swimming in two outdoor pools, one of which has a swim-up bar.
- Nightly shows featuring live music, dancing, and colorful costumes
- Play a round of golf at an 18-hole course designed by Robert Trent Jones Sr. (extra fees).
Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic: Waterfalls, Beaches, and Centuries-Old Historical Sites
Situated on the northern coast of the Dominican Republic, Puerto Plata is best known for its sun-kissed beaches. But the province has several breathtaking geographical features inland as well. Damajagua is a natural water park of sorts—it features 27 waterfalls flowing from limestone rock formations. Tour guides lead groups through the falls, and you can swim and occasionally slide down the natural water slides.
You can get an aerial view of Puerto Plata and the Caribbean Sea on a teleférico, or cable car. One of them climbs 2,565 feet to the apex of Mount Isabel de Torres, which is crowned with blooming botanical gardens and a replica of Rio de Janeiro’s massive Christ the Redeemer statue. It’s also worth it to take a scenic drive to Parque Histórico La Isabela, where you’ll find the remains of a church as well as ruins of a colonial village where Columbus routinely woke his neighbors by blasting the Santa Maria’s foghorn.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. From what airport does the deal depart? How much does it cost to fly from a city that isn’t included in the deal options?
Deal options with 3-letter airport codes depart from that specific airport. Deal options with full city names depart from an airport that is assigned at time of redemption with the tour operator. Departures from airports that are not included in the deal options may be available (and may cost more). Call Travel by Jen at 1-800-603-3178 for pricing from any airport that isn’t listed on the Groupon Getaways deal page.
2. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available?
To check the availability of specific dates within the option you would like to purchase, please call us at 1-800-603-3178.
3. Do I need to buy a Groupon for my child?
No, please contact us at 1-800-603-3178 for child pricing.
4. Can the person I’m traveling with fly from a different city?
As long as you are sharing a hotel room, the two people traveling together may fly from any city.
5. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available?
We will do everything we can to accommodate the dates you wish to travel. In the event that we are unable to do so, the “Groupon Promise” allows you to refund your voucher.
6. Is this deal priced per person? What does “per person, based on double occupancy” mean?
This deal is priced per person based on two people sharing a room. If only one person will be traveling, the person has to buy a voucher and pay a solo fee directly to Travel by Jen at the time of booking. If you have further questions, please call us at 1-800-603-3178.
7. Is the price advertised available on every date?
Airfare subject to availability. Additional fees may apply for some departure dates. Contact Travel by Jen for details.