5-Night All-Inclusive Mexican Vacation
Playa del Carmen's tropical beauty serves as the backdrop for this Mexican vacation, which includes unlimited eats and drinks, along with access to watersports and other activities. All options include:
- Round-trip airfare from Fort Lauderdale (FLL), New York, Washington D.C., Louisville, Chicago, Atlanta, Dallas, or Los Angeles (LAX)
- 5 nights of all-inclusive, privileged superior accommodations at Catalonia Playa Maroma
- All meals, snacks, and domestic alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Sports activities including nonmotorized watersports
- Daily activities and nightly entertainment
- Fitness center access
- Kids club with specialized staff
Hotel at a Glance: Catalonia Playa Maroma
There are countless ways to enjoy the Caribbean Sea at this beachfront hotel, whether it's gliding along the shores in a canoe or sinking into a canopied beach bed amid the sounds of crashing waves. Shaded by lush mangrove trees, the hotel offers all-you-can-eat dining and day- and nighttime recreation.
- Four onsite restaurants serve up authentic Mediterranean, Mexican, and buffet-style cuisine. Dine al fresco to feel the ocean breezes.
- Catch some rays atop a sundeck that extends into the crystal-clear outdoor pool.
- Nightlife: Sample cocktails at the 24-hour lobby bar or go dancing in the discotheque.
- Recent recognition: TripAdvisor's Certificate of Excellence 2013.
Playa del Carmen, Mexico: Trendy Beach Area and Diving Destination
Just across the sea from the island of Cozumel, Playa del Carmen has been called "the hippest city in all of the Yucatán Peninsula" by Lonely Planet. The laid-back beach bars and cafés have a way of converting vacationers into expats, but Playa's most compelling draw might be its cenotes—cavernous sinkholes filled with turquoise pools. The water in the cenotes is crystal clear, particularly at the lily-pad-dotted Xlacah cenote, where you can snorkel among schools of colorful fish.
To the south, you'll find preserved ruins of pre-Columbian cities. Tulum's crumbling temples are situated above a dramatic ocean bluff, and Coba's enormous pyramid rises between two lagoons. For a fun day trip, hop aboard the ferry to Cozumel, which docks at the pier east of Calle 1. There are about a dozen dive shops on Cozumel, and they offer trips offshore to the reefs that Jacques Cousteau declared some of the world's most beautiful.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. From what airport does the deal depart? How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal? Deal options with 3-letter airport codes depart from that specific airport. Deal options with full city names depart from an airport that is assigned at time of redemption with the tour operator. Departures from airports that are not included in the deal options may be available (and may cost more). Call Travel by Jen at 1-800-603-3178 for pricing from any airport that isn't listed on the Groupon Getaways deal page.
2. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? To check the availability of specific dates within the option you would like to purchase, please call us at 1-800-603-3178.
3. Do I need to buy a Groupon for my child? No, please contact us at 1-800-603-3178 for child pricing.
4. Can the person I'm traveling with fly from a different city? As long as you are sharing a hotel room, the two people traveling together may fly from any city.
5. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available? We will do everything we can to accommodate the dates you wish to travel. In the event that we are unable to do so, the "Groupon Promise" allows you to refund your voucher.
6. Is this deal priced per person? What does "per person, based on double occupancy" mean? This deal is priced per person based on two people sharing a room. If only one person will be traveling, the person has to buy a voucher and pay a solo fee directly to Travel by Jen at the time of booking. If you have further questions, please call us at 1-800-603-3178.
7. Is the price advertised available on every date? Airfare subject to availability. Additional fees may apply for some departure dates. Contact Travel by Jen for details.