7-Night Costa Rica Vacation with Rental Car
Experience the varied landscapes and rich culture of three of Costa Rica’s most-visited destinations: La Fortuna, Guanacaste, and the capital city, San Jose. You’ll have access to have a rental car throughout the trip, and there’s no set itinerary at each stop, so you can take in the sights at your own pace. The vacation includes:
- Round-trip airfare from FLL, New York, Chicago, Dallas, Boston, LAX, or Atlanta
- 3 nights at Hotel Magic Mountain La Fortuna
- 3 nights all-inclusive stay at Allegro Papagayo Resort
- 1 night at the Auténtico Hotel in San Jose
- Daily breakfast
- Manual-shift car rental for duration of trip
- Self-drive canopy and hot springs tour
La Fortuna sits in the shadow of Arenal Volcano, a giant stratovolcano that, until 2010, was highly active. Without any concern of an eruption, Arenal’s rainforest hikes, mineral hot springs, and craggy lava fields make it well worth a visit.
- Arenal Volcano National Park consists of nearly 30,000 acres of misty cloud forests, petrified lava fields, and the tranquil Lake Arenal. Its centerpiece: the conical, 5,000-foot Arenal Volcano.
- La Fortuna Waterfall spouts out of the deep green hillside and onto giant boulders that you can climb.
Your next stop is Guanacaste, nicknamed the “Gold Coast” for its sunkissed beaches that stretch out for miles to meet the Pacific Ocean. Further inland, the landscape shifts from dry savannas to volcanoes and heavy geothermal activity, which is on display at various nature parks throughout the area.
- Rincón de la Vieja National Park: Lush trails take you past bubbling pockets of mud, steaming fumaroles, and rushing waterfalls in this exotic park.
- Snorkeling gear and kayaks are included in your hotel stay so you can explore the Gulf of Papagayo.
Take a break from nature for a night in the heart of San Jose’s bustling downtown. The capital city’s nightlife and museums are just around the corner from your hotel.
- Jade Museum displays an extensive collection of carved jade figurines and jewelry, some of which dates back to the Mayan empire.
- Pick up handmade leather souvenirs and sample sugarcane brandy at the open-air San Jose Central Market.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal? Deal options with 3-letter airport codes depart from that specific airport. Deal options with full city names depart from an airport that is assigned at time of redemption with the tour operator. Departures from airports that are not included in the deal options may be available (and may cost more). Call Travel by Jen at 1-800-603-3178 for pricing from any airport that isn’t listed on the Groupon Getaways deal page.
2. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? To check the availability of specific dates within the option you would like to purchase, please call us at 1-800-603-3178.
3. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room? No, please contact us at 1-800-603-3178 for child pricing.
4. Can the person I’m traveling with fly from a different city? As long as you are sharing a hotel room, the two people traveling together may fly from any city.
5. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available? We will do everything we can to accommodate the dates you wish to travel. In the event that we are unable to do so, the “Groupon Promise” allows you to refund your voucher.
6. Is the price advertised available on every date? Airfare subject to availability. Additional fees may apply for some departure dates. Contact Travel by Jen for details.