9-Day Costa Rica Vacation
You’ll spend 9 days immersed in Costa Rica’s rich-and-diverse landscape. A rental car makes it easy to see Arenal Volcano and visit the country’s sun-kissed Guanacaste region before you venture into the Central Valley cloud forest.
This vacation includes:
- Round-trip airfare
- Alternate departure dates/gateways may be available for additional fee
- 3 nights’ standard accommodations at GreenLagoon Falls Park & Lodge, Arenal area
- 3 nights’ standard accommodations at Coco Beach Resort, Playas del Coco, Guanacaste
- 2 nights’ standard accommodations at La Condesa, Central Valley cloud forest area
- Daily breakfast
- Economy-manual-car rental
- Self-guided hiking tour of Cerro Chato, nature park, and gardens<p>
La Fortuna: Home to Arenal Volcano
The vacation begins in La Fortuna, with lodging on a 400-acre farm set amid dense tropical foliage near La Fortuna waterfall, Cerro Chato, and Arenal Volcano National Park.
- Arenal Volcano is the town’s centerpiece at 5,200 feet high. Its most recent big eruption was in 1968; today you can hike through fields of petrified lava.
- La Fortuna waterfall cascades about 230 feet down into a pool surrounded by massive boulders.<p>
Guanacaste: Hip Nightclubs and Pristine Beaches
Drive west to reach your next stop, Guanacaste, where you’ll spend 3 days at a hotel on Coco Beach. It’s one of many beaches that helped Guanacaste earn the nickname of the Gold Coast.
- Rincón de la Vieja National Park: Its nearly 35,000 acres include tropical forests and volcanoes that still sputter and spurt with minor geothermal activity.
- Tamarindo: Surfers come here for the beach’s breaks. The town’s streets are lined with shops selling souvenirs and surf gear; you can hit up trendy nightclubs after dark.<p>
Central Valley Cloud Forest: Biodiversity in Highlands
The final 3 days of this vacation find you in a biologically diverse region of cloud forests, waterfalls, and volcanoes.
- La Paz Waterfall Gardens: Follow trails along the La Paz River to see gardens filled with rare orchids and abuzz with hummingbirds and butterflies.<p>