9-Day Costa Rica Vacation
This Costa Rican vacation lets you see some of the country’s best-known landmarks. Your journey begins in La Fortuna, where you can behold the massive Arenal volcano. Next, hop in a rental car to cruise over Costa Rican hillsides towards Puntarenas and the coast. The hotel concierges can help you organize eco tours and find the best route to landmarks in each city. Your trip includes:
- Round-trip airfare from Fort Lauderdale (FLL), Atlanta (ATL), Boston (BOS), Toronto, Montreal, Los Angeles (LAX), New York City, or Washington DC
- 3 nights of accommodations at Volcano Lodge & Springs
- 2 nights of accommodations at Santa Juana Lodge
- 3 nights of accommodations at Hotel Costa Verde
- 7-day manual car rental
- Volcano Lodge includes daily breakfast and unlimited access to onsite hot springs
- Santa Juana includes two dinners, two breakfast, and two lunches, 4x4 land transfers to and from Quepos where the car rental will be held due to road conditions up to the lodge, horseback riding tour to the waterfall, and canopy tour.
La Fortuna sits in the shadow of Arenal Volcano, a giant stratovolcano that, until 2010, was highly active. You won’t see much lava nowadays, but Arenal’s rainforest hikes, mineral hot springs, and craggy lava fields make it well worth a visit.* Arenal Volcano National Park consists of nearly 30,000 acres of misty cloud forests, petrified lava fields, and the tranquil Lake Arenal. Its centerpiece: the conical, 5,000-foot Arenal Volcano.
- Arenal Hanging Bridges are suspended high up in the rainforest canopy, amid clusters of dense tropical foliage. Hike the 2-mile trail and you might see spider monkeys and exotic birds along the way.
- Accommodations: Lounge on a sun-kissed terrace that looks out onto Arenal Volcano at the award-winning Volcano Lodge & Springs. Massage therapists pamper guests with papaya and brown sugar body scrubs.
Your next stop is Santa Juana Village, which is nestle in the mountainside high above the busier town of Quepos. The area is dotted with orchards, livestock pastures, and sugar cane mills (called trapiches by locals) where oxen still pull the grinders. During your time here, you can tour a coffee plantation to see how the brew is made and to sample fresh Costa Rican coffee.
- Swim beneath waterfalls in the warm, rock-fringed pools of the Rodeo River.
- Accommodations: Santa Juana Lodge’s rustic wooden buildings stand on perches in the Fila Chonta Mountains above Quepos. Guests can take eco-tours or commune with nature during yoga and meditation sessions in the rainforest.
Manuel Antonio overlooks rainforests and the Pacific Ocean from its hilltop setting in Puntarenas. The town is a gateway to Manuel Antonio National Park, a small but biodiverse park that’s home to all four Costa Rican monkeys: spider, howler, white-faced, and squirrel monkey (which itself is endangered). The city is also close to the region’s white-sand beaches—they’re good for swimming and surfing.
- Manuel Antonio National Park might be one of the smallest national parks in Costa Rica, but it’s far and away one of the most-visited. Its diverse terrain—made up of rocky coasts and dense forests—nurtures an exotic array of plant and animal life, including three-toed sloths.
- Take a spin along Coastal Highway 34 for the best views of the region’s dramatic ocean cliffs.
- Accommodations: Hotel Costa Verde is less than 5 minutes from Manuel Antonio National Park.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. From what airport does the deal depart? How much does it cost to fly from a city that isn’t included in the deal options?
Deal options with 3-letter airport codes depart from that specific airport. Deal options with full city names depart from an airport that is assigned at time of redemption with the tour operator. Departures from airports that are not included in the deal options may be available (and may cost more). Call Travel by Jen at 1-800-603-3178 for pricing from any airport that isn’t listed on the Groupon Getaways deal page.
2. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available?
To check the availability of specific dates within the option you would like to purchase, please call us at 1-800-603-3178.
3. Do I need to buy a Groupon for my child?
No, please contact us at 1-800-603-3178 for child pricing.
4. Can the person I’m traveling with fly from a different city?
As long as you are sharing a hotel room, the two people traveling together may fly from any city.
5. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available?
We will do everything we can to accommodate the dates you wish to travel. In the event that we are unable to do so, the “Groupon Promise” allows you to refund your voucher.
6. Is this deal priced per person? What does “per person, based on double occupancy” mean?
This deal is priced per person based on two people sharing a room. If only one person will be traveling, the person has to buy a voucher and pay a solo fee directly to Travel by Jen at the time of booking. If you have further questions, please call us at 1-800-603-3178.
7. Is the price advertised available on every date?
Airfare subject to availability. Additional fees may apply for some departure dates. Contact Travel by Jen for details.