Resort at a Glance: Grand Bahia Principe Cayacoa
Located directly on the beach and overlooking Samana Bay, the Grand Bahia Principe Cayacoa is a sprawling all-inclusive resort complex in Samana, Dominican Republic. This luxurious family-friendly resort features four restaurants and three bars, an onsite spa, and plenty of activities to keep you busy, from water sports on the sand to a special children’s pool. Most rooms have Caribbean views, and the resort is surrounded by lush tropical landscaping. The vacation includes:
- Round-trip airfare from FLL, New York, Dallas, Boston, Chicago, Washington D.C., or LAX
- 5 nights of all-inclusive, sea-view accommodations at the Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa
- All buffet and à la carte meals, snacks, and local beverages at the main restaurant
- Non-motorized water sports
Daily activities and nightly entertainment
- Play on the beach Snorkel, kayak, windsurf, or boogie board along the Caribbean beachfront, or participate in beach volleyball, an aerobics class, or another organized sport.
- Splash around in the giant outdoor pool, complete with a Jacuzzi and three hydro massagers, or sunbathe on the curving terrace as you sip drinks from the pool bar.
- Room with a view: Standard sea-view rooms include views of the Caribbean.
- Local and international flavors: Choose from a variety of cuisines at the resorts’s buffet and à la carte restaurants, spanning cuisines ranging from Mediterranean to Italian to Mexican.
- Turn kids loose at the kids’ mini-club, where they’ll play with other children and participate in supervised activities at the pool.
- Endless activities: Stretch out on one of the 150 beach chairs, sip fruity cocktails at the beach bar, dance the night away at the discotheque, or book a relaxing massage at the spa
Samana, Dominican Republic: Colorful Colonial Town and Beautiful Beaches
Set on Samana Bay on a peninsula of northeastern Dominican Republic, the town of Samana was once a known safe harbor for pirates, including England’s notorious Jack Banister. Today, it’s a vacation destination, popular for its lovely white-sand beaches and colorful colonial houses.
If you’re looking to do something other than sunbathe and souvenir shopping, head out on a whale-watching cruise. Samana is a famous humpback whale-watching destination—the season runs from January until March, and sightings during peak season are common. There’s also the Parque Nacional Los HaItises, a 78-square-mile mangrove swamp that’s only accessible by boat tour, where you can see some of the park’s 112 bird species, including the jacana. Inside the park, there are a few caves that contain pre-Columbian drawings and are said to have been Jack Bannister’s hiding places.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. From what airport does the deal depart? How much does it cost to fly from a city that isn’t included in the deal options? Deal options with 3-letter airport codes depart from that specific airport. Deal options with full city names depart from an airport that is assigned at time of redemption with the tour operator. Departures from airports that are not included in the deal options may be available (and may cost more). Call Travel by Jen at 1-800-603-3178 for pricing from any airport that isn’t listed on the Groupon Getaways deal page.
2. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? To check the availability of specific dates within the option you would like to purchase, please call us at 1-800-603-3178.
3. Do I need to buy a Groupon for my child? No, please contact us at 1-800-603-3178 for child pricing.
4. Can the person I’m traveling with fly from a different city? As long as you are sharing a hotel room, the two people traveling together may fly from any city.
5. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available? We will do everything we can to accommodate the dates you wish to travel. In the event that we are unable to do so, the “Groupon Promise” allows you to refund your voucher.
6. Is this deal priced per person? What does “per person, based on double occupancy” mean? This deal is priced per person based on two people sharing a room. If only one person will be traveling, the person has to buy a voucher and pay a solo fee directly to Travel by Jen at the time of booking. If you have further questions, please call us at 1-800-603-3178.
7. Is the price advertised available on every date? Airfare subject to availability. Additional fees may apply for some departure dates. Contact Travel by Jen for details.