5-Night All-Inclusive Dominican Republic Vacation Package
Coastal Puerto Plata is renowned for having some of the Caribbean’s longest stretches of unspoiled beaches. Soak up what Lonely Planet calls “world-class sunshine” on this all-inclusive vacation, which includes:
- Round-trip airfare from Fort Lauderdale (FLL), Boston (BOS), Buffalo (BUF), Chicago, Denver (DEN), New York (JFK), Rochester (ROC), or Washington (IAD)
- 5 night all-inclusive stay in a superior room at VH Gran Ventana Beach Resort
- All meals, snacks and beverages including non-premium-brand liquor, domestic beer and wine
- In-room minibar replenished daily
- Daytime entertainment including Spanish lessons and Merengue lessons
- Use of full-service fitness center and sauna
- Non-motorized watersports
- One hour snorkel equipment, kayak, wind-surfboard, or bike rental; or tennis court usage per day
- One SCUBA dive lesson in main pool
- Kid’s Club with daily programs and playground (for ages 4 to 12)
- Nightly live music and entertainment
- Hotel tax, service charges and gratuities
Transfers are not included; roundtrip airport transfer available from $60/person from STI; $39/person from POP.
Property at a Glance: VH Gran Ventana Beach Resort
As you water-ski, windsurf, or kayak along Gran Ventana’s soft beach, you may not even see the sprawling resort—it’s tucked behind a small but lush jungle. Behind these trees are tennis courts and a sizable pool, where you can enjoy a drink from the swim-up bar. You can also take your included scuba lesson here or find a little peace in the designated quiet wing’s pool.
- Get your fill at the four onsite restaurants: one buffet, and three à la carte options that serve Caribbean, fresh seafood, and Italian cuisines. You can also enjoy a romantic, candlelit five-course dinner on the beach (additional fees may apply).
- Relax on your balcony or terrace with a drink from the room’s minibar.
- Kids’ club: Children aged 4–12 can play volleyball, face off in sand-castle competitions, and take Spanish and tennis lessons.
- Sweat out toxins in the sauna after a workout in the full-service fitness center. Recharge with a massage and body wrap at the spa (additional fees apply).
- Tee off at the nearby 18-hole Playa Dorada golf course, which was designed by Robert Trent Jones Sr. (additional fees apply).
- Notable award: 2014 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence
Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic: Waterfalls, Beaches, and Centuries-Old Historical Sites
Situated on the northern coast of the Dominican Republic, Puerto Plata is best known for its sun-kissed beaches. But the province has several breathtaking geographical features inland as well. Damajagua is a natural water park of sorts—it features 27 waterfalls flowing from limestone rock formations. Tour guides lead groups through the falls, and you can swim and occasionally slide down the natural water slides.
You can get an aerial view of Puerto Plata and the Caribbean Sea on a teleférico, or cable car. One of them climbs 2,565 feet to the apex of Mount Isabel de Torres, which is crowned with blooming botanical gardens and a replica of Rio de Janeiro’s massive Christ the Redeemer statue. It’s also worth it to take a scenic drive to Parque Histórico La Isabela, where you’ll find the remains of a church as well as ruins of a colonial village where Columbus routinely woke his neighbors by blasting the Santa Maria’s foghorn.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. From what airport does the deal depart? How much does it cost to fly from a city that isn’t included in the deal options? Deal options with 3-letter airport codes depart from that specific airport. For options with full city names, a departure airport is assigned by Travel by Jen at the time of booking based on availability. The supplement cost to depart from a city not included is subject to availability. To inquire about availability and cost from your departure city, please call Travel by Jen at 1-800-603-3178.
2. Is this deal priced per person? What does “per person, based on double occupancy” mean? Prices shown are per person and based double occupancy (2 people sharing a hotel room). Each traveler must purchase a Groupon. A single room supplement fee is required to travel solo.
3. Do I need to buy a Groupon for my child? Kids 11 and under pay a reduced hotel rate. Kids 12 and over must purchase a Groupon. Contact Travel by Jen for child pricing at 1-800-603-3178 for child pricing.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available? We suggest calling Travel by Jen to redeem your vouchers as soon as possible to avoid this issue.
5. Is the price advertised available on every date? Airfare is subject to availability. Additional fees may apply for some departure dates. For more details, contact Travel by Jen.