All-Inclusive Dominican Getaway
On this 4- or 7-night all-inclusive vacation from Travel by Jen, you can spend your days lounging by the Caribbean Sea and your nights cutting a rug in the discotheque. All-inclusive perks should keep you well stocked with meals and cocktails. Each option includes:
- Round-trip airfare from Fort Lauderdale (FLL), Orlando, New York City, Boston (BOS), Buffalo, Atlanta (ATL), Detroit, or Chicago
- 4 or 7 nights of all-inclusive, junior suite superior accommodations at the Grand Bahia Principe La Romana
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner buffets at the main restaurant
- Unlimited local drinks, beer, and soft drinks in the hotel’s Lobby Bar
- Local drinks and soft drinks in the bars in Pueblo Principe (premium drinks not included)
- Daily activities and nightly entertainment
- Mini bar with water, soft drinks, and beer (replenished daily)
- Special activities for kids age 4–12
- Nonmotorized watersports
- All taxes and tips
Resort at a Glance: Grand Bahia Principe La Romana
Tucked away on the southeastern corner of the island of Hispaniola, Grand Bahia Principe La Romana puts guests in a tropical paradise—think swaying palm trees, sugar-sand beaches, and temps in the upper 70s. The water’s even warmer, averaging 86 degrees Fahrenheit, so you can spend your days splashing in the Caribbean Sea along Santana Beach. As part of the all-inclusive plan, guests can also try out scuba-diving in the pool and enjoy nonmotorized watersports such as kayaking and snorkeling.
- Toss back a cold one at the swim-up or beach bar.
- Dig into hearty entrees at the resort’s three a la carte restaurants, which serve a variety of cuisines, including Italian and seafood. There’s also an international buffet restaurant.
- Tee off on the 9-hole course at Playa Nueva Romana Golf Club.
- Pamper yourself with a chocolate body treatment or deep massage at the onsite spa.
La Romana, Dominican Republic: Sandy Beaches Meets Urban Hub
Just east of the resort lies the city of La Romana, an urban hub with more than 250,000 inhabitants. Here you’ll find one of the largest cigar factories in the world, which offers tours, tastings, and a duty-free zone where you can buy perfume and jewelry. For a quieter experience, head to the village of Altos de Chavon. The cobblestone streets are lined with artists’ studios, galleries, and quaint cafés. The village is also home to a 5,000-seat amphitheater, which has featured headlining shows from superstars ranging from Frank Sinatra to Shakira.
For diving and snorkeling, it’s worth taking a trip to Saona Island, an uninhabited nature reserve located just off the mainland. Tour operators on catamarans and motorboats will take you to sandbars and shipwrecks inhabited by brightly colored fish.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. From what airport does the deal depart? How much does it cost to fly from a city that isn’t included in the deal options? Deal options with 3-letter airport codes depart from that specific airport. Deal options with full city names depart from an airport that is assigned at time of redemption with the tour operator. Departures from airports that are not included in the deal options may be available (and may cost more). Call Travel by Jen at 1-800-603-3178 for pricing from any airport that isn’t listed on the Groupon Getaways deal page.
2. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? To check the availability of specific dates within the option you would like to purchase, please call us at 1-800-603-3178.
3. Do I need to buy a Groupon for my child? No, please contact us at 1-800-603-3178 for child pricing.
4. Can the person I’m traveling with fly from a different city? As long as you are sharing a hotel room, the two people traveling together may fly from any city.
5. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available? We will do everything we can to accommodate the dates you wish to travel. In the event that we are unable to do so, the “Groupon Promise” allows you to refund your voucher.
6. Is this deal priced per person? What does “per person, based on double occupancy” mean? This deal is priced per person based on two people sharing a room. If only one person will be traveling, the person has to buy a voucher and pay a solo fee directly to Travel by Jen at the time of booking. If you have further questions, please call us at 1-800-603-3178.
7. Is the price advertised available on every date? Airfare subject to availability. Additional fees may apply for some departure dates, including travel on or near Thanksgiving. Contact Travel by Jen for details.