Get Lost in the Beauty of Costa Rica
Surround yourself with the natural beauty of Central America on this 9-day trip to Costa Rica from Travel by Jen. Begin your journey with a stop under the shadow of the Arenal Volcano. From there, you’ll head to the dreamy beaches of Playa Hermosa before wrapping things up in the capital. This vacation includes:
- Round-trip airfare from Fort Lauderdale (FLL), New York City, Boston (BOS), Denver (DEN), Los Angeles (LAX), Chicago, Raleigh/Durham (RDU), or Houston (IAH)
- 3 nights of accommodations at Green Lagoon Wellbeing Resort in Arenal Volcano National Park area
- 3 nights of accommodations at Villas Sol in Playa Hermosa
- 1 night of accommodations at Barceló San José Palacio in San José
- Daily breakfast included at Green Lagoon
- Includes economy rental car
- Includes self-guided hike to Cerro Chato
Up until 2010, the Arenal Volcano was still highly active, regularly spewing smoke and ash into the clear jungle skies. You won’t see much now that it’s finally dormant, but all that calm is worth it; now, hiking paths wind their way through lush rain forests chock full simmering hot springs, cascading waterfalls, and wildlife ranging from spider monkeys to boa constrictors.
- Hike to the top of Cerro Chato, a dormant volcano on the southeastern edge of Arenal Volcano National Park. The steep, well-marked trail leads to a crater filled with emerald water.
- Arenal Volcano National Park consists of nearly 30,000 acres of misty cloud forests, petrified lava fields, and the tranquil Lake Arenal. Its centerpiece: the conical, 5,000-foot Arenal Volcano.
- Tabacon Hot Springs: Exotic orchids surround secluded caves where you can lounge in pools of hot springs fed by a waterfall.
Coco Beach and Playa Hermosa form a hotbed of tourism on Costa Rica’s Pacific Coast. The area welcomes swimmers with its kid-friendly surf while marlin, sailfish, and yellowfin tuna draw in sport fishers from all over the world. Step away from the beach and you’ll find yourself surrounded by the Guanacaste region’s iconic dry forests.
- Marina las Baulas National Park serves as a major nesting ground for leatherback turtles.
- Santa Rosa National Park is known for its legendary surf breaks, including one featured in the documentary The Endless Summer II.
- Explore the water: The area is known for its world-class sport fishing, scuba diving, and snorkeling.
Due to Costa Rica’s abundance of beaches and rainforests, many tourists never make it to the nation’s capital, San José. But those who skip it miss out on seeing priceless artifacts at the Pre-Columbian Gold Museum and taking in the lively atmosphere on the pedestrian-only Central Avenue, which is lined with restaurants, shops, and art galleries.
- Must-see museums: The Gold Museum and the Jade Museum center around two of the most valuable commodities in the pre-Columbian cultures of Mexico and South America.
- Try tasty local specialties such as fried plantains and sugarcane brandy at San José’s central market. You’ll also find handcrafted jewelry and leather goods, which make great souvenirs.
- Teatro Nacional: Admire the theater’s imposing neoclassical façade, or head inside for a peek at the gilded interior or a show by the National Symphonic Orchestra.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. From what airport does the deal depart? How much does it cost to fly from a city that isn’t included in the deal options? Deal options with 3-letter airport codes depart from that specific airport. Deal options with full city names depart from an airport that is assigned at time of redemption with the tour operator. Departures from airports that are not included in the deal options may be available (and may cost more). Call Travel by Jen at 1-800-603-3178 for pricing from any airport that isn’t listed on the Groupon Getaways deal page.
2. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? To check the availability of specific dates within the option you would like to purchase, please call us at 1-800-603-3178.
3. Do I need to buy a Groupon for my child? Kids 11 and under pay reduced rates; please contact us at 1-800-603-3178 for child pricing.
4. Can the person I’m traveling with fly from a different city? As long as you are sharing a hotel room, the two people traveling together may fly from any city.
5. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available? We will do everything we can to accommodate the dates you wish to travel. In the event that we are unable to do so, the “Groupon Promise” allows you to refund your voucher.
6. Is this deal priced per person? What does “per person, based on double occupancy” mean? Prices are per person based on a minimum of 2 passengers booking together and sharing a hotel room. Each traveler must purchase a Groupon Voucher. Solo travelers must pay a single room supplement fee of $519 from September–December 15 and $619 from January 6–31 directly to Travel by Jen, as no room matching program is available. If you have further questions, please call us at 1-800-603-3178.
7. Is the price advertised available on every date? Airfare subject to availability. Additional fees may apply for some departure dates. Contact Travel by Jen for details.