Property at a Glance: TreeCasa Resort
TreeCasa Resort invites guests to immerse themselves in nature. Climb up to the two observation decks to take in scenic views of the surrounding jungle, or stroll past the organic garden that provides all the ingredients for the resort’s farm-to-table restaurant. The property is also home to two pools, which you can enter through a waterslide, or just good-old-fashioned cannonball.
- Guest rooms are outfitted with furniture carved from locally-sourced hardwoods, as well as white-stone bathrooms.
- In-room amenities include WiFi access, hammocks, and coffee makers.
- Distance from the beach: 2.5 miles.
San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua: Undisturbed Tropical Wildlife and Popular Surf Spots
Situated on Nicaragua’s Pacific coast, San Juan del Sur has been a favorite of in-the-know surfers for years thanks to its year-round warm waters. Many visitors head straight to the white sands of Playa Maderas. Here, surf shops dot the streets closest to the beach, offering lessons and boards for beginners and veterans alike. Farther offshore, the waters are calmer and filled with marlin, yellow tuna, and snapper—making this a perfect spot for deep-sea fishing and snorkeling.
Although most of the action takes place along San Juan del Sur’s crescent-shaped bay, the gorgeous scenery inland is also worth exploring. About an hour and a half drive north of San Juan del Sur lie the Mombacho and Masaya volcanoes. The 4,000-foot Mombacho is dormant, but one of the Masaya craters still emits smoke and gas. Zipline tours cut through the canopies of a tropical forest, where you can listen as resident howler monkeys auction off treehouses.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? Augusto C. Sandino International Airport (MGA) is the closest airport to the property.
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another Groupon? The Groupon covers two guests. Canopy suites allow two guests per room.
3. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? Resort credit is not included with the Groupon.
4. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? For information regarding your dining options, please click here.