Resort at a Glance: Union Creek Resort
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, Union Creek Resort has been a destination within Rogue River-Siskiyou National Forest since 1922. Notable names such as Zane Grey, Jack London, and Herbert Hoover have stayed here, vacationing amid 700-year-old douglas firs and the stunning Crater Lake National Park, which is located nearby.
- Peaceful cabins: All cabins have fridges and microwaves, and some feature full kitchens, fireplaces, and wood-burning stoves.
- Press accolades: Frommer’s says “it’s the best (as well as the closest) lodging option outside the west entrance to Crater Lake National Park.”
- Driving time to Crater Lake National Park: 30 minutes
- Legendary homemade pies are available for sale at the onsite Beckie’s Cafe.
- Play a game of pool in the main lodge, which also has a fireside library and a full-service kitchen.
- Have an adventure: Go snowshoeing or cross-country skiing on trails throughout the area; there are 150 miles of well-groomed routes for snowmobiling as well.
Prospect, Oregon: Outdoor Activities in Old-Growth Forest near Crater Lake National Park
Unspoiled natural beauty characterizes the area around Prospect, Oregon. Set along the banks of the Rogue River in the Rogue River-Siskiyou National Forest, it’s popular for outdoor activities including mountain biking, cross-country skiing, and snowmobiling.
It’s worth the quick trip to Rogue River Gorge Falls, located within walking distance of town. For something more dramatic, there’s the sapphire-blue Crater Lake, the United States’ deepest lake at 1,943 feet. Open year-round, the park is within easy driving distance of Prospect.
What You Get
Stay for two in cabin 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 15, or 16 with a bottle of wine
- Option 1: $64 for 1 night, valid for check-in Sunday–Thursday; not valid for Friday or Saturday stays (up to a $119 value)
- Option 2: $115 for 2 nights, valid for check-in Sunday–Thursday; not valid for Saturday stays (up to a $218 value)
- Option 3: $80 for 1 night, valid for check-in Friday or Saturday; not valid for Sunday–Thursday stays (up to a $129 value)
- Option 4: $148 for 2 nights, valid for check-in Friday or Saturday; not valid for Monday–Thursday stays (up to a $238 value)
Policies and Fees
Book by: 2/12/15
Travel window: 1/6/15–5/11/15
- Blackout dates: Not valid 2/13/15–2/16/15 and 3/19/15–3/30/15.
- Cancellation policy & fees: All cancellations subject to $35 fee; 14-day cancellation notice required or fee up to the Groupon price applies.
- Taxes: $4 lodging tax not included.
Amenities and Room Details
- Mountain-bike, fishing-pole, snowshoe, and cross-country-ski rentals
- Convenience store
- Fireside library
- Game room with pool table
- Free WiFi
Cabins 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 15, and 16
- Bedding varies per cabin
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants: $9 per night for each additional guest
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Rollaways: available for an additional $6 per night; subject to availability
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets may stay in select cabins for a nightly fee of $12 per pet.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are not available.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available during booking or at check-in for an additional cost.
- Nearest airport: Rogue Valley International-Medford Airport (MFR; 46 mi)
- Distance from Eugene, OR: 165 miles
The Fine Print
- Promotional value expires Feb 14, 2015. Amount paid never expires.
- Must book by 2/12/15 or promotional value expires
- Valid for travel 1/6/15–5/11/15
- Not valid 2/13/15–2/16/15 and 3/19/15–3/30/15
- Limit 3 per person, may buy 3 additional as gifts
- Limit 3 per visit
- Valid only for option purchased
- Reservation required, subject to availability
- All cancellations subject to $35 fee; 14-day cancellation notice required or fee up to the Groupon price applies
- Must be 21 or older to check in and consume alcohol Credit card required at booking and check-in
- Must use promotional value in 1 visit
- Not valid with reward points
- $4 lodging tax not included.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.