Enjoy a Private Beach on Grand Bahama
The temperature rarely drops below the mid-70s in Freeport, which is known for its beautiful white-sand beaches. You’ll have plenty of time to enjoy the sun and sand, as well as explore the city’s array of restaurants, nightlife, and duty-free shopping. This vacation includes:
- Round-trip airfare from Cincinnati (CVG), Memphis (MEM), Baltimore (BWI), Raleigh-Durham (RDU), Newark (EWR), Pittsburgh (PIT), or Nashville (BNA)
- 4-night stay in a double room at the Flamingo Bay Hotel and Marina
Property at a Glance: Flamingo Bay Hotel and Marina
Just steps from Taino Beach, Flamingo Bay Hotel and Marina overlooks the picturesque Bell Channel. The comfortable rooms are dressed up in simple Caribbean decor, featuring mahogany furniture and kitchenettes. You’ll have full access to the amenities at nearby Taino Beach Resort and Clubs, including its beach and a 20,000-square-foot pool where you can enjoy a drink from the swim-up bar or race down a water slide.
- Grab a bite at the oceanfront restaurant Taino By the Sea, which serves American and Bahamian fare for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Take a water taxi to the Port Lucaya Marketplace for some shopping, or head to Treasure Bay Casino, a Vegas-style casino featuring slots, table games, and tournaments.
- Work on your tan at Taino Beach Resort’s private beach, or play a game of beach volleyball.
- Be active: For an additional cost, participate in one of many activities during your stay, including horseback riding, jungle tours, golf, and tennis.
- Hit the water: Also located at Taino Beach Resort, Lucaya Watersports & Tours offers snorkeling, glass-bottom boat tours, sunset cruises, and kayaking.
- Explore Freeport: The waterfront is home to plenty of bars and restaurants.
Freeport, Grand Bahama: Tropical Oasis Rich in Wildlife
Located on the southern coast of Grand Bahama island, Freeport is a Caribbean tourism mecca that’s home to three national parks and some of the world’s most gorgeous beaches. Temperatures rarely dip below 65 degrees Fahrenheit, attracting sunbathers as well as snorkelers and deep-sea fishers.
If you can tear yourself away from the sand and surf, consider visiting the Garden of the Groves for a stroll through lush vegetation inhabited by tropical birds, turtles, and fish. Farther east, orchids and ming trees line the trails and boardwalks at Lucayan National Park, a 40-acre property where you can also explore an extensive underwater cave system.
Perched on a peninsula just outside Freeport, the Port Lucaya Marketplace comprises 80 stores selling local sundries and services. At the west end, artisans craft jewelry, furniture, and souvenirs from dried palm fronds and wood.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. From what airport does the deal depart? How much does it cost to fly from a city that isn’t included in the deal options? Deal options with 3-letter airport codes depart from that specific airport. Deal options with full city names depart from an airport that is assigned at time of redemption with the tour operator. Departures from airports that are not included in the deal options may be available (and may cost more). Call Vacation Express at 1-800-470-3711 for pricing from any airport that isn’t listed on the Groupon Getaways deal page.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal? Yes, please call us at 1-800-470-3711 to check availability and pricing.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? To check the availability of specific dates within the option you would like to purchase, please call us at 1-800-470-3711.
4. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
No, please contact us at 1-800-470-3711 for child pricing.
5. Can the person I’m traveling with fly from a different city?
As long as you are sharing a hotel room, the two people traveling together may fly from any city.
6. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available? We will do everything we can to accommodate the dates you wish to travel. In the event that we are unable to do so, the “Groupon Promise” allows you to refund your voucher.
7. Is this deal priced per person? What does “per person, based on double occupancy” mean? This deal is priced per person based on two people sharing a room. If only one person will be traveling, the person has to buy a voucher and pay a solo fee directly to Vacation Express at the time of booking. If you have further questions, please call us at 1-800-470-3711.
8. Is the price advertised available on every date? Airfare subject to availability. Additional fees may apply for some departure dates. Contact Vacation Express for details.