Enjoy Riviera Maya’s Peaceful Beaches on Trip with Airfare
Riviera Maya is known for its turquoise waters and picturesque beaches. This deal takes you to a 4-star, all-inclusive resort along a Caribbean beach. The resort features a 13,000 square-foot pool and an expansive spa specializing in traditional Mayan treatments. You’ll also enjoy meals and drinks at five restaurants and four bars, along with nightly live entertainment. This vacation includes:
- Round-trip airfare from Atlanta (ATL), Cincinnati (CVG), New York (JFK), Baltimore (BWI), Boston (BOS), Fort Lauderdale (FLL), Chicago (MDW), Dallas (DFW), or Nashville (BNA)
- 4, 6, or 7 nights of all-inclusive junior suite accommodations at the 4-star Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort
- All meals
- Alcoholic (international brand) and non-alcoholic beverages
- 24-hour room service
- Non-motorized water sports such as windsurfing, sailing, boogie boards, and kayaks
- Daily pool and beach activities and live nightly entertainment
- Pillow menu
- Mini-bar stocked with beverages
- El Cid Kids’ Club and daily activities
- Taxes and gratuities
- One Mega Pass coupon book per stay
Property at a Glance: Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort
The beachside Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort offers a wealth of amenities befitting of a 4-star hotel. The resort is a 2014 TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice winner in the category of families, and for good reason: as children expend excess energy at the El Cid Kid’s Club, adults can enjoy a little peace in the adults-only whirlpool and silent zone. You can sip a drink at the swim-up bar, one of four bars onsite, or take a dip in the massive pool, featuring cascading waterfalls, a diving pool, and water slide.
- Spacious accommodations Junior suites feature a minibar stocked with complimentary bottled water. Relax or watch the sunset on your private balcony.
- Where to eat: Five onsite eateries include a la carte seafood, Italian, Mediterranean, and Mexican restaurants, as well as a casual international buffet.
- El Cocay Spa: This 13,000-square-foot spa features a Temazcal steam bath, cold-plunge pool, sauna, and hydrotherapy zone. Pamper yourself with a massage on the beach or a meditation session in the zen garden (extra fees may apply).
- Find adventure with the resort’s many water sports, which include scuba diving, snorkeling, windsurfing, and kayaking.
- Pick up a few items at the mini-supermarket, located in the onsite marina.
- Fit in a workout: The onsite fitness center offers a wealth of workout options, including a spinning room, weight-training equipment, and such classes as yoga, cardio salsa, tae-bo, and pilates.
- Notable accolades: This resort won a 2014 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence.
Mexico’s Riviera Maya: Rich with History and Tropical Calm
Just south of Cancún, the Riviera Maya is a nearly 80-mile stretch of Caribbean coastline fronted by towns rich in Mexican culture, with plenty of activities for those looking for fun and adventure. For some of the area’s best beaches, clubs, and snorkeling reefs, head to the rapidly growing city of Playa del Carmen. Farther south, Tulum sits on a perch of rocky bluffs and is better known for ancient ruins, including temples and a cliff-side castle. The inhabitants of Tulum—which means “walled” in the aboriginal language—first erected the city’s outer fortress to protect themselves from belligerent invaders. Today, the wall guards the archaeological zone, beginning with an entryway of two corbel arches and a limestone house built over an underwater cave.
Swimming in the secret caves isn’t allowed, but a scenic drive south of Playa del Carmen brings you to the Yucatán Peninsula’s legendary limestone cenotes, freshwater sinkholes created by an underground river system. At the Cenote Cristalino, you can jump from terraced outcroppings into an exposed pool or go snorkeling in underwater caves. You can also watch locals expertly flip, dive, and synchronously cannonball into the clear water at this popular weekend hangout.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. From what airport does the deal depart? How much does it cost to fly from a city that isn’t included in the deal options? Deal options with 3-letter airport codes depart from that specific airport. Deal options with full city names depart from an airport that is assigned at time of redemption with the tour operator. Departures from airports that are not included in the deal options may be available (and may cost more). Call Vacation Express at 1-800-470-3711 for pricing from any airport that isn’t listed on the Groupon Getaways deal page.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal? Yes, please call us at 1-800-470-3711 to check availability and pricing.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? To check the availability of specific dates within the option you would like to purchase, please call us at 1-800-470-3711.
4. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
No, please contact us at 1-800-470-3711 for child pricing.
5. Can the person I’m traveling with fly from a different city?
As long as you are sharing a hotel room, the two people traveling together may fly from any city.
6. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available? We will do everything we can to accommodate the dates you wish to travel. In the event that we are unable to do so, the “Groupon Promise” allows you to refund your voucher.
7. Is this deal priced per person? What does “per person, based on double occupancy” mean? This deal is priced per person based on two people sharing a room. If only one person will be traveling, the person has to buy a voucher and pay a solo fee directly to Vacation Express at the time of booking. If you have further questions, please call us at 1-800-470-3711.
8. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? Stays include one Mega Pass. This can be used toward numerous activities, dining options, and services. Additional spend may be required to use the Pass depending on the particular service. Click here for more details. Please review any resort credit restrictions before purchasing.
9. Is the price advertised available on every date? Airfare subject to availability. Additional fees may apply for some departure dates. Contact Vacation Express for details.