All-Inclusive Playa del Carmen Vacation
Stretch out on a private, white-sand beach 2 miles from the center of Playa del Carmen during this all-inclusive resort stay from Vacation Express. This trip includes:
- Round-trip airfare from CVG, NYC, RIC, MDW, BNA, BWI, MEM, MSY, ATL, or BOS
- 3-, 4-, 6-, or 7-night all-inclusive stay in a superior room at Viva Wyndham Azteca in Playa del Carmen
- Full breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- 24-hour snacks and bar service
- Unlimited domestic alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and house wine
- Daily and nightly activities
- All taxes, tips, and surcharges
- Free WiFi in public areas
Hotel at a Glance: Viva Wyndham Azteca
The private beach at Viva Wyndham Azteca is stocked with kayaks and catamarans that guests can borrow free of charge; it’s also a nice spot to go for a swim in warm, turquoise waters. Dense clusters of palm trees divide the beach from the main swimming pool, where you’ll find shaded seating areas, games of pool volleyball, and a snack bar. For more substantial eats, head to the resort’s a la carte and buffet restaurants, which serve up Italian, Japanese, and Mexican specialties. Reservations required for the a la carte dining; 4-6 night stays receive 2 dinners, 7-10 night stays receive 3 dinners. Guests can also dine at any of the restaurants at sister resort Viva Wyndham Maya for free.
- In-room amenities: Guest rooms include a welcome package in the mini bar, a private French balcony, a 32-inch LCD TV, tub, and shower.
- Take an introductory scuba-diving class at the onsite dive center. Click here for a full list of activities.
- Book an excursion: The resort’s tour desk can arrange snorkeling or diving excursions and tours of Mayan ruins.
- Good for kids: The Kids Club offers supervised activities with kids swimming pool for guests age 4–12. Click here for a full list of services.
Playa del Carmen, Mexico: Trendy Beach Area and Diving Destination
Just across the sea from the island of Cozumel, Playa del Carmen has been called “the hippest city in all of the Yucatán Peninsula” by Lonely Planet. The laid-back beach bars and cafés have a way of converting vacationers into expats, but Playa’s most compelling draw might be its cenotes—cavernous sinkholes filled with turquoise pools. The water in the cenotes is crystal clear, particularly at the lily-pad-dotted Xlacah cenote, where you can snorkel among schools of colorful fish.
To the south, you’ll find preserved ruins of pre-Columbian cities. Tulum’s crumbling temples are situated above a dramatic ocean bluff, and Coba’s enormous pyramid rises between two lagoons. For a fun day trip, hop aboard the ferry to Cozumel, which docks at the pier east of Calle 1. There are about a dozen dive shops on Cozumel, and they offer trips offshore to the reefs that Jacques Cousteau declared some of the world’s most beautiful.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. From what airport does the deal depart? How much does it cost to fly from a city that isn’t included in the deal options? Deal options with 3-letter airport codes depart from that specific airport. Deal options with full city names depart from an airport that is assigned at time of redemption with the tour operator. Departures from airports that are not included in the deal options may be available (and may cost more). Call Vacation Express at 1-800-470-3711 for pricing from any airport that isn’t listed on the Groupon Getaways deal page.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal? Yes, please call us at 1-800-470-3711 to check availability and pricing.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? To check the availability of specific dates within the option you would like to purchase, please call us at 1-800-470-3711.
4. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
No, please contact us at 1-800-470-3711 for child pricing.
5. Can the person I’m traveling with fly from a different city?
As long as you are sharing a hotel room, the two people traveling together may fly from any city.
6. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available? We will do everything we can to accommodate the dates you wish to travel. In the event that we are unable to do so, the “Groupon Promise” allows you to refund your voucher.
7. Is this deal priced per person? What does “per person, based on double occupancy” mean? This deal is priced per person based on two people sharing a room. If only one person will be traveling, the person has to buy a voucher and pay a solo fee directly to Vacation Express at the time of booking. If you have further questions, please call us at 1-800-470-3711.
8. Is the price advertised available on every date? Airfare subject to availability. Additional fees may apply for some departure dates. Contact Vacation Express for details.