Hotel at Glance: Villa Caletas
Perched 1,500 feet above the Pacific Ocean, the 4-star Villa Caletas overlooks one of the most beautiful landscapes in the world—a lush Costa Rican rainforest. Almost everywhere you turn there’s a panoramic view of crystal-blue waters and tropical foliage. The views are among the many reasons Condé Nast Traveler readers named Villa Caletas one of the top five hotels in Central America in 2009, 2011, and 2012. For more space, opt for a junior suite superior, which also has a private jetted tub that provides a perfect place to unwind under the clear night sky.
- Where you’ll stay: a junior suite or junior suite superior with a private terrace overlooking the ocean, mountains, or gardens
- See endless ocean views from the infinity pool, which is about a quarter mile over the sea.
- A private beach is about a mile away; you can reach it via a free shuttle or a well-marked rainforest trail.
- The rainforest trail is sprinkled with waterfalls and plunge pools. You might see white-faced monkeys and toucans along the way.
- Watch the sun set over the Gulf of Nicoya from a cove or sun bed on the beach.
- Two fine-dining spots at the hotel include The Anfiteatro Bar & Restaurant and Mirador Restaurant, which serves upscale international cuisine.
- Recent praise: named one of Costa Rica’s top 25 hotels in TripAdvisor’s 2017 and 2018 Travelers’ Choice awards
Puntarenas, Costa Rica: Scarlet Macaws and Surfing in Popular Ecotourism Getaway
Puntarenas is Costa Rica’s largest province, extending hundreds of miles along the Pacific coast from the Panama border up to the Gulf of Nicoya. In Puntarenas, you’re never far from beaches, national parks, and nature reserves, making the area popular for ecotourism. The beachside town of Jacó attracts surfers from all over the globe with consistently big waves and good breaks. About 20 miles north, Carara National Park is home to crocodiles, two-toed sloths, and hundreds of scarlet macaws—a rare sight in most parts of the country.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? Juan Santamaría International Airport (SJO) is about 50 miles from the property. Ground transportation not included - may be added for an additional $124.00 each way.
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another voucher? The voucher covers two guests. An additional guest 12 or older may be added for an additional $45 plus 13% tax; 11 or younger stays free.
3. Will I be approached to attend a timeshare sales presentation? Customers are never obligated to attend a sales presentation. If you are approached and decline a presentation, you will not lose the value of your voucher or have to pay additional fees.
4. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? Resort credits are not included with the voucher.
5. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? Dinner reservations for the onsite restaurants are suggested and there is no specific dress code.