You’re viewing a property from our Premium Collection, a selection of top properties that are guaranteed to have a rating of 4 stars or higher.
Hotel at a Glance: Villa Lala
Puerto Vallarta is rightly known as a destination for bustling nightlife and adventure, but the four-star Villa Lala focuses on one of the city’s other assets: its abundant natural beauty. Situated in the nearby fishing village of Boca de Tomatlán, the secluded adults-only eco resort sits between the craggy peaks of the Sierra Madre Occidental mountain range and the crystal waters of the Bahía de Banderas.
- Where you’ll stay: The intimate resort features just seven suites, which look out onto the resort’s organic tropical garden.
- Relax on the palapa terrace, which houses an open-air bar as well as a heated infinity pool.
- Start the day right with a complimentary breakfast. Please note: breakfast is not served to the rooms.
- Meditate in the peaceful zen garden, which often hosts romantic evening dinners.
- Outdoor activities include kayaking, paddle boards, table games, or simply snoozing in a beachfront hammock.
- Resident wildlife: During your stay, you might catch a glimpse of everything from parrots and iguanas to dolphins, armadillos, and even badgers.
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico: Tropical Paradise with Cosmopolitan Flair
Puerto Vallarta is perhaps Mexico’s most sophisticated vacation destination, with expansive beaches, trendy restaurants, and cobblestone streets leading to beautifully preserved 19th-century churches. A 16-block boardwalk known as the malecón offers unobstructed ocean views as it extends from the city center, past fountains and a famous 9-foot-high statue of a boy riding a seahorse.
Called “the most gay-friendly city in Mexico” by Frommer’s, Vallarta draws a diverse crowd of vacationers intent on relaxing during the day and living it up at night, bouncing between the city’s numerous dance clubs. For a glimpse of the city’s history, head to Viejo Vallarta, also known as Old Town, where artists peddle shawls and piñatas and mariachi bands serenade couples dancing on Plaza Principal.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? Puerto Vallarta International Airport (PVR) is approximately 17 miles from the resort. If you are taking a taxi from the airport you will tell them you are coming to Boca de Tomatlán Area, 300 mts. Passing Restaurant Le Kliff you will find a logo sign to the right of Villa Lala Hotel Boutique. The airport has taxi service which is very safe. The cost runs from $30-$35 USD. A private service can be arranged to pick you up and take you back from and to the airport, they will have beer, water, and cold towels for you to refresh. The price is $140 USD per round trip. It takes around 45 minutes to get to Villa Lala.
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another voucher? The voucher covers two guests.
3. Will I be approached to attend a timeshare sales presentation? Customers are never obligated to attend a sales presentation. If you are approached and decline a presentation, you will not lose the value of your voucher or have to pay additional fees.
4. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? The voucher does not include resort credits.
5. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? For information regarding your dining options, please click here or call 800-316-9489.