Hotel at a Glance: Water’s Edge Shoreside Suites
Winter storm watching on Vancouver Island’s rugged coast can be one of the most entertaining spectacles around, with ocean waves crashing high up into the air, briefly rivaling the height of the island’s old-growth forests. Water’s Edge Shoreside Suites is just 5 minutes from the Wild Pacific Trail (Vancouver Island’s #1 Trail On TripAdvisor), and only 20 minutes from Long Beach and the Tofino area. The romantic peaceful suites feature Marina or Harbor water views, a full kitchen, and a not-to-miss outdoor personal tub in deluxe suites.
- Enjoy the view from your suite’s private patio, taking in the surrounding marinas and harbor, or a storm as it travels across the water
- In-suite amenities: full kitchen, dining room, and gas fireplace
- Deluxe suites feature jetted soaker tubs for two on the patio decks
- Get pampered at Nurture Day Spa, an onsite Aveda Concept spa offering body wraps, facials, and more.
- What’s nearby: Vancouver Island’s highly rated Wild Pacific Trail and 100-year-old Amphitrite Point Lighthouse provide unparalleled tree-lined views for miles along the Pacific Ocean and the Pacific Rim National Park.
- Bring your friends and family: All suites feature a queen or king bed and a pull-out couch which can also sleep 1 adult or two children.
- Things to do: storm watching, beach strolls, rainforest walks, and local dining on the catch of the day
British Columbia’s Pacific Rim: Rugged Beauty on the West Coast
A temperate rainforest made verdant with old-growth spruce, red cedar, and hemlock, the west coast of Vancouver Island is home to the Wild Pacific Trail, Long Beach, the Tofino area, Broken Group Islands National Park, and Pacific Rim National Park. Near the edge of this forest you’ll find the Ucluelet Peninsula. Ucluelet was a First Nations fishing village before European settlers arrived in the late 1800s; today it’s a destination for surfing, kayaking, and fishing for fresh halibut, salmon, and other saltwater fish. During fall and winter months, the abundant scenery can be viewed while walking the long beaches and hiking through old-growth rainforest.