What You Get
- For $1,099, you get a four-night stay in a standard Island View room for two valid through November 30, 2011, including three meals per day plus afternoon tea and all well drinks, and unlimited access to kayaks, sailing, and snorkeling equipment, plus two complimentary spa treatments.
- Or, for $1,499, you get a four-night stay in a standard Island View room for two valid December 1, 2011–June 30, 2012, including three meals per day plus afternoon tea and all well drinks, and unlimited access to kayaks, sailing, and snorkeling equipment, plus two complimentary spa treatments.
An All-Inclusive Resort and Spa on the Caribbean Sea
Situated on the Western coast of the Caribbean island, the all-inclusive Waves Resort takes cues from its tropical surroundings to inspire a leisurely and elegant getaway. Anchoring the resort is an undulating swimming pool, where rows of majestic palm trees serve as both sources of shade and deferential dance partners. Generously sized sunbathing beds scatter across a wooden lounging deck where visitors can order enjoy poolside cocktails, delivered from the nearby Seascape Bar. A white-sand beach helms the back of the property, treating sun seekers to unobstructed views of the Caribbean Sea, complimentary wait service for drinks, lounge chairs, and umbrellas. Lodgers also get all-inclusive access to kayaks, sailing, and snorkeling equipment throughout their stay, making underwater exploration and water sports a daily indulgence.
Appointed in damask décor and contemporary furnishings, standard Island View guest rooms come outfitted with king-size beds topped with memory-foam mattresses. Tucked into the second and third floors of the hotel's Ocean House building, the rooms showcase island views and boast luxurious, multi-jet showers in modern, minimalist bathrooms. Nestled behind lush tropical gardens and the main pool, The Spa at Waves features a hydrotherapy room, sauna, steam room, and a full-service gym. There visitors can take advantage of two included spa treatements, such as massages, facials, body wraps, and mani-pedis, along with a range of Ayurvedic therapies inspired by ancient, holistic Indian philosophies.
Waves Resort abounds with eclectic dining options at which guests can redeem their three included meals per day, starting with the classic Caribbean specialties and international delicacies at Seascape. The open-air eatery serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner embellished with spicy East Indian influences on an expansive porch overlooking the sea. Feast proffers everything from sushi to steak with signature Asian preparations, and Spanish, Greek, and Italian fare takes center stage at Rosso Vivo in an elegant, modern dining room appointed with sweeping water views. For cocktails, guests flock to the Sunset Bar located on the beach deck, or the After Hours Bar, serving libations until 1 a.m.
St. James: An Enclave of Historic Landmarks and Bountiful Barbadian Reefs
Located about 15 minutes northeast of Waves Resort and Prospect Beach, the sprawling property of St. Nicholas Abbey perches atop the rolling hills of the parish of St. James. Built in 1660 as a private home, the estate spans more than 350 acres populated by a plantation, a rum distillery, and the Great House, a Jacobean mansion originally built as a private residence. A wealth of antique furniture dating back to the 1800s, elaborate Flemish gables, and ornamental Tudor arches fill the Great House, adjacent to the plantation's undulating sugar-cane fields, exotic flower and herb garden, and mahogany-tree-lined walking avenues displaying sprawling views of Barbados's eastern coast. Guests can tour the boiling house and rum distillery while enjoying a complimentary fruit punch or rum punch. Located about 20 minutes southeast of Waves is Harrison's Cave, a massive system of crystallized limestone grottos more than 1.4 miles long and up to 50 feet high. A collection of growing stalactites and stalagmites punctuates the active cavernous structure dappled with a 40-foot waterfall and calm, reflective pools. During guided tours and intense games of hide-and-seek, visitors travel beneath the earth to observe fragile flowstone formations, accessing the subterranean world via tram. The area surrounding Waves Resort is rich with historic landmarks, and the resort's backyard—the Caribbean Sea—is prime for underwater adventure in the form of scuba and snorkeling tours. Teeming with diverse wildlife populations, Barbados offers some of the best conditions in the world for year-round diving during which explorers can observe a rich variety of fish, coral, shallow wrecks, and bountiful reefs.
How to Book
- Purchase Groupon.
- Visit www.wavesbeachresort.com or call (866) 945-9102 by 8/26/11.
- Must provide voucher number.
- Choose a date between July 26, 2011 and June 30, 2012, excluding December 24, 2011–January 7, 2012; February 11–19, 2012; February 26–March 1, 2012; and March 25–April 12, 2012.
- Mention your Groupon and provide your credit-card information.
- Clean, modern-looking rooms
- Located on the second and third floors in the Ocean House building
- Fully air conditioned
- Complimentary Internet access
- Flat-screen TVs, DVD player, iPod docking station, minibar, hair dryer, and safe
- Teas and coffee
- Inland facing
- More spacious rooms than standard Ocean View rooms
- Single sofa in living area
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Minimum check-in age: 18
- Cancellation policy: Must cancel seven days in advance or fee of half of Groupon price may apply; if canceling within three days or reservation, full price of Groupon may apply
- Parking: Available for free at the resort
- Additional occupants: One additional adult is allowed per room ($100 fee/night); additional child is $70 per night. Must be booked prior to stay.
- Smoking policy: No smoking in rooms, but allowed on the balcony or terrace
- Additional nights may be purchased upon booking
- Pets not allowed
What It's Worth
For $1,099, a four-night stay in a standard Island View room for two valid through November 30, 2011 (up to $1,680 value, tax and gratuity included)
Or, for $1,499, a four-night stay in a standard Island View room for two valid December 1, 2011–June 30, 2012 (up to $3,000 value, tax and gratuity included)
Included in both options:
- Any two complimentary spa treatments (up to a $300 total value)
The value of this Groupon is listed in USD and may fluctuate due to the exchange rate.
- Three restaurants and four bars
- Full-service spa with holistic therapies
- Free WiFi in rooms and lobby
- Complimentary yoga, Pilates, and aqua-aerobics classes
- Private cabanas on beach and porch
- Flat-screen TVs in rooms
- Promotional value expires Aug 26, 2011. Amount paid never expires.
- Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 add'l as a gift
- Limit 1 per visit
- Must book by 8/26/11 for travel thru 6/30/12
- Valid only for option purchased
- Subject to availability
- 7-day cancellation notice required or fee of half of Groupon price may apply
- 3-day cancellation notice required or fee of full Groupon price may apply
- Not valid 12/24/11-1/7/12, 2/11-2/19/12, 2/26-3/1/12, or 3/25-4/12/12
- Valid only for standard Island view rooms
- Must be 18 or older to check in
- Credit card required at time of booking.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- Learn about Strike-Through Pricing and Savings
About Waves Hotel & Spa Resort
- Cab: About $26.50 from Barbados's Grantley Adams International Airport
- Driving: 13–14 miles from the Ronald Mapp Highway