Top Reasons to Stay at Wellnesste Lodge
- Nestled in the foothills of the Adirondack Mountains, the 60-acre estate borders more than half a mile of private riverfront, near hardwood forests, wetlands, and fields of wildflowers.
- Conservationist Christophe Marin founded the lodge as a place of tranquility and restoration. You’ll find quiet spots to mediate throughout the resort.
- The red clapboard cabins have charming, rustic touches. An original Craftsman-style fireplace crackles in the Thoreau cabin, and Leopold’s cabin features natural, rough-cut pine harvested from the property.
- During the summer, tubers, kayakers, and fishermen flock to the whitewater rapids of Fish Creek, which runs right past the lodge.
- A s’mores kit of graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallows (included with this Groupon) can be enjoyed at the resort’s beachside fire pits.
- Nearby attractions include the Erie Canal Village, The Underground Railroad Heritage Trail, and Fort Stanwix National Monument.
Taberg, New York: Hiking and Country Scenery in the Adirondack Foothills
The small town of Taberg lies in the foothills of the Adirondack Mountains, less than 50 miles from Syracuse. Thanks to the abundance of natural beauty nearby, Taberg is a popular destination for city-dwellers looking to rough it for a while. The Adirondacks, located to the north of town, offer challenging hiking trails and gorgeous scenery.
A less strenuous way to enjoy the scenery is to hop aboard the Adirondack Scenic Railroad, which stops at a station in nearby Utica. You can see rivers, peaks, ponds, and forests—all from the comfort of a powerful locomotive. Consider making the short drive to Sylvan Beach and Oneida Lake, the largest inland lake in the state of New York. Travelers can enjoy swimming, boating, and fishing in the summer months, alongside dining, live entertainment, and the Sylvan Beach Amusement Park. For a taste of the area’s history, head to Erie Canal Village, a reconstructed 19th-century settlement comprised of three museums, a blacksmith shop, a tavern, an icehouse, and more.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.