Hotel at a Glance: Western Riviera Courtyard Cabins
The Colorado Rockies form a majestic backdrop to Western Riviera Courtyard Cabins in the small mountain village of Grand Lake. The property’s courtyard cabins lie in the heart of the village, about 1.5 blocks from the lake. All one- and two-room cabins have small kitchens and access to a landscaped courtyard with barbecue grills.
- Cabins feature Courtyard cabins offer splendid views of the surrounding mountains or Grand Lake, as well as free WiFi. Choose a Large Cabin for space for up to six.
- Claim to fame: The property was recently featured on Travel Channel’s Hotel Impossible.
- Award winner: The hotel was awarded TripAdvisor’s Certificate of Excellence in 2012, 2013, and 2014; guests loved the helpful staff and location.
- Cool design feature: Tongue-and-groove beetle-kill pine paneling lines the walls in many rooms.
- Why visit now: Autumn is a spectacular time to see the mountains, as they are blanketed by yellow leaves. When winter arrives, visitors love snowshoeing, sledding, and cross-country skiing.
- Distance to Rocky Mountain National Park: just a few miles from the Western entrance
Grand Lake, Colorado: Western Gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park
Nestled beneath snowcapped peaks, the town of Grand Lake is known as the Western Gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park. The charming village is directly adjacent to Trail Ridge Road, a 43-mile route that winds through the park, providing glimpses of mountain wildlife and dazzling views that stretch to Wyoming.
Grand Lake takes its name from Colorado’s largest natural body of water, which hugs the shoreline just south of town. The lake is home to large populations of brown trout and mackinaw, making it a popular fishing spot in warmer months. Back in town, Grand Lake’s historical boardwalk evokes the Old West with rustic saloons, art galleries, and horse-drawn taxicabs.