Property at a Glance: Westward Ho RV Resort & Campground
There are more than 100 acres of wooded landscape to explore at Westward Ho RV Resort & Campground. The sprawling property has tons of recreation outlets, including basketball and volleyball courts and three heated outdoor pools. It also hosts themed activities each weekend.
- Two ways to stay: One-bedroom deluxe cabins include kitchenettes, picnic tables and fire rings, and all linens, while RV sites have water and electric hookups, picnic tables, and easy access to shared bath houses.
- Have a snack at the Chuck Wagon, which serves burgers, hot dogs, and sundaes.
- Good for kids: a petting zoo, mini golf course, and playground
- Good for adults: a music hall with stocked bar and billiards table
- Forget something? Pick up toiletries, cold beverages, and souvenirs at the Trading Post.
Glenbeulah, Wisconsin: Outdoor Fun in Peaceful Village
A sense of calm pervades Glenbeulah, a small village in the Wisconsin countryside about 20 miles west of Sheboygan and Lake Michigan. It lies at the northern edge of the Kettle Moraine State Forest, where you can hike a portion of the 1,200-mile-long Ice Age National Scenic Trail. You might also want to spend a day in the Sheboygan Marsh State Wildlife Area, where you can canoe through up to 21 miles of wetlands. Keep your eyes peeled for sandhill cranes, black-crowned night herons, and black terns. For a bit of excitement, head to the nearby resort town of Elkhart Lake or drive 20 minutes into Sheboygan; the harbor town, known as the “brat capital of the world,” boasts surprisingly good surf conditions and a unique arts scene.