What You Get
2-night stay for two with a bottle of wine
- Option 1: $169 for a garden-view or Romantic and Peaceful room (up to a $295 value)
- Option 2: $239 for an Ocean Splendor room (up to a $375 value)
Policies and Fees
Book by: 4/4/14
Travel by: 4/30/14
- Cancellation policy and fees: 72-hour cancellation notice or fee up to Groupon price applies
- Taxes: 11% tax not included
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.
Inn on Rocky Bluff Overlooking Pacific Ocean
Perched on a stone bluff overlooking a natural cove on the Pacific coastline, the buildings of Wharf Master's Inn surround a beautifully restored Victorian-style home originally built in 1865 and listed today on the National Register of Historic Places. Antique furnishings, such as four-poster beds and hand-carved armoires, fill the interior. That decor style is reflected in the guest rooms found in the inn's other buildings.
Despite their old-fashioned look, guest rooms boast their fair share of modern comforts—many have jacuzzi tubs, and all have satellite TV. Balconies attached to each room overlook either the Pacific Ocean or a courtyard dotted with natural-wood sculptures.
You can spend the day hiking Mendocino County's evergreen mountain ranges, touring wineries, or diving deep in search of abalone and other underwater treasures. When the orange California sun sinks to the horizon, retire to weather-beaten private decks to watch gray whales form a vast conga line as they migrate to and from Mexico.
Point Arena, California: Coastal Hideaway on Spectacular Highway 1
In Point Arena, a coastal hamlet inhabited by about 450 people, New Age shops rub shoulders with old-fashioned family grocers on the tiny main street. Surfers and deep-sea divers share the wharf with fishermen unloading their daily catch of urchins and salmon. Endangered mountain beavers and giant salamanders round out the town's natural inhabitants.
Point Arena lies within Mendocino County, known as "America's greenest wine region" for the eco-friendly methods area vintners use to create their celebrated pinot noirs and gewürztraminers. The Anderson Valley Winegrowers Association is comprised of numerous vineyards easily accessible from the inn via car or pogo stick. Many wineries host year-round tastings and tours.
From December through April, the Point Arena Lighthouse provides an ideal vantage point for whale watching. Near the grounds of the lighthouse, dozens of walking trails wind through a forest filled with towering redwoods, pines, and cypresses and, in spring, a dazzling palette of coastal wildflowers.
- One king or queen bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 3
- Adding occupants above standard: $25 per night for each additional guest
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Rollaways: included with additional-occupant charge
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets up to 30 pounds may be added for $25 per night for each pet.
- Accessibility: please contact the property for handicap-accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available for an extra charge at check-in.
- Beautiful Pacific Ocean scenery
- Daily continental breakfast
- Short walk to Pacific Ocean
- Jacuzzi tubs in many rooms
- Satellite TV
- Free WiFi in lobby
- Promotional value expires Apr 5, 2014. Amount paid never expires.
- Must book by 4/4/14 or promotional value expires
- Must complete travel by 4/30/14
- Limit 2 per person, may buy 1 additional as a gift
- Limit 2 per visit
- Valid only for option purchased
- Reservation required; subject to availability
- 72-hour cancellation notice or fee up to Groupon price applies
- Must be 21 or older to check in or drink alcohol
- Credit card required at booking and check-in
- Not valid with reward points
- 11% tax not included.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Wharf Master's Inn
- By plane: 86 miles from Charles M. Schulz–Sonoma County Airport (STS)
- By car: about 92 miles northwest of Santa Rosa, CA