Hotel at a Glance: Whistling Bird Resort
It’s easy to forget about the rest of the world from Whistling Bird Resort’s spot on Seven-Mile Beach. From each of the resort’s palm-shaded cottages, paths to the waterfront are lined with hibiscus flowers, birds of paradise, and towering tropical ferns that evoke the feeling of walking through an isolated rainforest. And at the white-sand beach itself, an oceanside tiki bar provides isolation from the bustle of public beaches.
- Choice of perks: Some options come with the all-inclusive package and three of them additionally include airport transfers for two.
- All-inclusive options: include breakfast, dinner, and alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages.
- Private cottages blend tropical island architecture with modern amenities; think thatched roofs and walk-in showers.
- Colorful sunsets: The resort’s west-facing beach is furnished with plenty of lounge chairs for basking in the heat or watching the sun set over the ocean.
- Direct beach access: From this hotel’s doors, it’s only a short trek to the public beach.
- Room with a view: From your hotel’s window or balcony, you’ll be able to see ocean views.
Negril, Jamaica: Laid-Back Beach Town with Picturesque Sunsets, Snorkeling, and Cliff Diving
Located on Jamaica’s western coast, Negril is known for its white-sand beaches, dramatic rugged cliffs, and coral reefs lying just offshore in the Caribbean. Its underwater beauty makes the town a popular spot for scuba diving and snorkeling at Negril Marine Park, and anglers have found the sea filled with blue marlin, wahoo, and mahi-mahi. The city has a front-row seat to some of the world’s most beautiful sunsets, and people often climb to the top of waterfront cliffs just to watch. At Rick’s Cafe, which is listed in the book 1,000 Places To See Before You Die, groups congregate every night to watch the sun dip below the horizon; some brave adventurers even leap off the 35-foot cliffs into the water.
Often called “the capital of casual,” Negril is best defined by its laid-back vibe, from the slow and steady rhythm of the indigenous reggae music to its unofficial uniform—swimsuits and flip-flops. Running along the town is Seven Mile Beach, a stretch of powdery, white-sand coastline that earned a spot on Frommer’s Best Beaches in the Caribbean list. The town center comprises a shopping mall and a craft market where visitors can pick up locally produced goods.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? Sangster International Airport (MBJ) is approximately 33 miles from the property. Shuttle service is available for an additional fee; contact the property for additional details. Select options include round-trip ground airport transfers for two for $160.
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another voucher? This voucher covers two guests. Additional occupants are not allowed.
3. Will I be approached to attend a timeshare sales presentation? Customers are never obligated to attend a sales presentation. If you are approached and decline a presentation, you will not lose the value of your voucher or have to pay additional fees.
4. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? Resort credits are not included with this voucher.
5. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? For information regarding your dining options, please click here or call 844-634-7450.