Hotel at a Glance: Wildwood Inn
Tucked away on 4.5 wooded acres, Wildwood Inn resembles a European country estate with its cascading outdoor swimming pool and French European-style architecture. This romantic landscape makes the inn a popular wedding venue for those in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex. Inside, 14 individually decorated guest rooms feature romantic amenities, and some have fireplaces and two-person whirlpool tubs. With this getaway, guests will also receive a bottle of champagne to enjoy at their leisure and a mimosa at breakfast time.
- Antique touches: A French walnut armoire with hand-carved roses is one of many antiques scattered throughout the hotel.
- Mimosa with breakfast: an additional perk especially for Groupon guests
- The stonework patio is a great spot to enjoy a cup of coffee or a glass of wine.
- Distance from Fort Worth and Dallas: Both downtowns are about a 40-minute drive away.
- In-room amenities: Free WiFi, flat-screen TVs, and plush robes.
- Room numbers: Standard rooms offered include 3, 8, and 11. Deluxe rooms include 2, 4, 7, and 9. Superior rooms include 1, 6, 10, and 12. Suites are 5, 13, and 14.
Denton, Texas: College-Town with Historic Museums and Live Music Scene
Founded in 1846, the once-frontier town of Denton now exudes a youthful vibe thanks to the students of nearby University of North Texas and the Texas Woman’s University. After a 1989 revitalization project poured $36.5 million into restoring its historical district, Denton’s Main Street district is now lined with shops, cafés, pubs, and galleries.
Built in 1896, the Denton County Courthouse-on-the-Square houses a museum that brims with local history, including displays on weaponry, early Denton farm life, and the county’s African-American and Hispanic families. Every Saturday morning from 10 a.m. until noon, an acoustic lawn jam takes place on the courthouse lawn, where guitarists, drummers, fiddlers, and singers perform. It’s a good introduction to Denton’s impressive live music scene, which includes several venues.