What You Get
- Stay for two in a king room or up to four in a chalet
- Select options include $15 per day dining credit at Big Bear Lake Brewing Co
- Dates into August
Policies and Fees
- Reservations: Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Cancellation policy: 72-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable.
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability.
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed.
Top Reasons to Visit Wolf Creek Resort
- It’s a short walk from Big Bear Lake.
- You’ll have easy access to miles of hiking and biking trails in the San Bernardino National Forest. For great views of the lake, check out the nearby Woodland Trail, an easy 1.5-mile loop.
- Select options include $15 per day dining credit at Big Bear Lake Brewing Co., which serves their own take on burgers and other American favorites.
- You can enjoy live shows at The Cave, a 380-seat concert venue in Big Bear Lake open on weekends.
- Most guest rooms and chalets have wood-burning fireplaces—ideal for cool nights in the mountains.
Big Bear Lake, California: Outdoorsy Resort Community in the Foothills of the San Bernardino Mountains
Big Bear Lake is situated nearly 7,000 feet above sea level and surrounded by the San Bernardino National Forest and the snowy peaks of the San Bernardino Mountains. Los Angeles is less than 100 miles to the west, which is probably why Big Bear Valley has served as a backdrop for so many films and TV shows, including The Parent Trap, Doctor Dolittle, and Bonanza.
The lake is a popular destination for boating, fishing, and swimming during the warm months. You’ll find miles of hiking and mountain-biking trails in the surrounding forest. The 2-mile Castle Rock Trail weaves through groves of pine and cedar trees and past a waterfall before rewarding trekkers with a panoramic view of the water. But Big Bear isn’t entirely rustic—head to the village, located on the south shore, for restaurants, shopping, an arcade, a bowling alley, and a visitors’ center.
True to its name, the area once supported a thriving grizzly-bear population. Though that’s no longer the case, you still might see bald eagles, mule deer, coyotes, gray foxes, and even the occasional bobcat or black bear. For a guaranteed glimpse of wildlife, visit the Big Bear Alpine Zoo, a rehabilitation facility for injured and orphaned mountain lions, grizzly bears, wolves, and other animals.
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- One king bed or one queen bed plus one futon
- Standard occupancy: 4
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Rollaways: not available
- Smoking policy: smoking is not allowed on the property.
- Pet policy: pets are allowed on the property for $35 per pet, and are only allowed to stay in chalets and cabins (pets are not allowed in hotel rooms).
- Accessibility: please contact the property for handicap-accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: not available
- Wood-burning fireplaces in most rooms
- Concert venue
- Pool and hot tub (seasonal)
- Restaurant and wine bar
The Fine Print
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- 72-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- Must be 18 or older to check in
- Credit card required at check-in.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Wolf Creek Resort
- Nearest airport: LA/Ontario International Airport (ONT; about 60 miles)
- Distance from San Bernardino: about 42 miles