Hotel at a Glance: Wyndham Canoa Ranch Resort
This misson-style hotel is a desert oasis set amid two championship golf courses at the foot of the Santa Rita Mountains. Tucson's shopping and restaurants are just a short drive away.
- Modern comforts: Guest rooms include flat-screen TVs and complimentary WiFi access.
- Driving time from Tucson: 30 minutes
- Must-play golf courses: Canoa Ranch, designed by Lee Schmidt and Brian Hurley, and Torres Blancas designed by Lee Trevino and Ocampo & Fernande. Both courses offer panoramic views of the Green Valley.
- Beat the heat: In the outdoor pool
- Complimentary breakfast buffet: Including made-to-order omelet station
- Signature dishes at The Grill on the Green include grilled salmon and pork tenderloin. Enjoy your meal while overlooking the nearby Canoa Ranch Golf Course.
- Notable accolade: The hotel won a Certificate of Excellence in 2013 from TripAdvisor.
Green Valley, Arizona: Desert Golfing Haven near Tucson
When you cross the street in Green Valley, make sure to look both ways for golf carts. It's a popular and prosperous golfing destination dotted with country clubs and public greens that provide a lush contrast to the surrounding desert.
The valley sits in the shadow of the Santa Rita Mountain range, most of which lies within the Coronado National Forest, where you can find horseback riding, hiking, and biking trails snaking through rocky cliffs. Birdwatchers should check out Madera Canyon at the base of the mountains, where rare spotted owls and more than 15 species of hummingbirds live.
There's plenty to do within a short drive of Green Valley—you can explore Colossal Cave or take kids to the Asarco Mineral Discovery Center to learn about the area's mining industry. For shopping and fine dining, make the 30-minute drive to Tucson, where you can wander through the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum.