Legendary entertainers Kenan and Kel made theatrical history when they broke down the fourth wall, and then, to the consternation of the set designer, broke down the second and third walls as well. Experience the magic of the stage with today's Groupon: for $20, you get a ticket to see Superior Donuts by Tracy Letts at GableStage in Coral Gables (up to a $40 value). Choose from the following dates:
- Thursday, March 17 at 8 p.m.
- Sunday, March 20 at 7 p.m.
- Sunday, March 27 at 7 p.m.
- Thursday, March 31 at 8 p.m.
- Sunday, April 3 at 7 p.m.
At GableStage, audiences can open their eyes, ears, and noses to experience the creative adventures brought to life by talented contemporary playwrights. Superior Donuts is a new dramedy by Tracy Letts, a Tony Award and Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright (August: Osage County) and ensemble member of Chicago’s famed Steppenwolf Theater. Set against the backdrop of an old Chicago neighborhood, Superior Donuts examines friendships, new beginnings, and old secrets as they converge on a local donut shop like a whole bunch of homeless donuts. After a run on Broadway, this production is now making its southeastern premiere.
South Florida Theater Review and BroadwayWorld.com Miami both previewed GableStage's production of Superior Donuts. The New York Times, Variety, and NPR have all positively reviewed the play. Time Out Miami reviewed the GableStage Theatre Company.
- the central relationship is drawn with deep affection, and Letts' dialogue is so crisp and flavorful it's no struggle just to relax into the story's mostly mellow mood – David Rooney, Variety
- This house is by far Miami's most reliable in turning out shows with solid production values and excellent acting. – Time Out Miami