Experienced pilot guides a balloon through the morning air as the two passengers admire the scenery below during a sunrise flight
About This Deal
- The private hot-air balloon sunrise flight gives the two participants a unique chance to admire the absolute beauty of historic Galena countryside and views of Illinois, Iowa, and Wisconsin from up to 3,000 feet above the ground
- Age restrictions: must be 6 or older
- Length of the flight: each flight takes 45 to 60 minutes
- Valid only for Monday–Thursday sunrise flights; meeting times vary depending on the exact time of the year
- Not valid for pregnant women
- Subject to weather and availability
- Passengers should be able to stand for about an hour as well as hold themselves in the basket when landing
- Depending on the wind speed and direction, the balloons may land five to ten miles from the launch site; the chase crew follows the balloon throughout the flight and is ready at the landing site with a van that takes the balloon passengers back to departure location (Eagle Ridge Resort and Spa, 444 Eagle Ridge Drive Galena, IL, 61036)
Need To Know
About Galena On The Fly
Run by enthusiastic pilots who have more than 30,000 hours of combined flight experience, Galena On The Fly is all about sharing the love for hot-air balloon flights with its customers. Group and private flights are available at sunrise and sunset and let the participants experience the one-of-the-kind excitement that comes with being lifted off in one of the country's biggest air balloons.
As the balloon majestically sails through the air, the passengers have a chance to watch the Iowa, Illinois, and Wisconsin countryside from up to 3,000 feet above the ground. They may also get lost in the remarkable peacefulness of the flight, where quite often the only time they might feel a little bit of stronger breeze is when the pilot changes the altitude or the wind decides to speed for a minute. At other times, if they so wish and the weather permits, they may be privy to the thrill of skirting through the tops of the trees or even skimming the gondola in Lake Galena. Whatever shape the flight takes, one thing is certain: the experience is entirely unique.