Though it is illegal for pranksters to shout about nonexistent fires in a theater, shrieking after an encounter with an underseat gum wad is permissible. Shout about what's on stage instead with today's Groupon: for $20, you get $50 worth of performance tickets at the Gallo Center for the Arts. Choose from the following performances:
- Tango Buenos Aires at 7 p.m. on January 12 ($15–$55)
- "Jeffrey Siegel's Keyboard Conversations: The Romantic Music of Robert Schumann" at 8 p.m. on January 21 ($20–$40)
- "Amy Dickinson: Second Chances, Fresh Starts, and New Beginnings" at 8 p.m. on January 21 ($10–$40)
- "Jeffrey Siegel's Keyboard Conversations: Northern Stars" at 8 p.m. on February 18 ($20–$40)
- Philharmonic of Poland with Boguslaw Dawidow conducting at 8 p.m. on March 19 ($10–$45)
The Gallo Center for the Arts houses two state-of-the-art theaters that showcase an abundance of theater, music, dance, and lectures throughout the year. Colorful spins and stiletto-sharp swirls seize the stage in a dizzying display of Argentinean culture with Tango Buenos Aires, and advice aficionados will revel in the clever contemplations of Ann Landers successor Amy Dickinson, whose column is published in more than 200 newspapers nationwide. Music mavens, meanwhile, will bask in the artistic prowess of the Philharmonic of Poland, a powerful acoustic experience helmed by the wand of sonic sorcerer Boguslaw Dawidow that massages eardrums with works by Strauss, Lehar, and Mozart. More hands-on classical connoisseurs will be privy to a fully educational musical experience with Jeffrey Siegel's informative keyboard conversations, which are half witty lecture, half virtuosic performance, and half lesson in remedial fractions.
Nine Yelpers give the Gallo Center for the Arts a 4.5-star average:
- The Gallo Center for The Arts is an excellent facility. I've personally been to a number of different performances here and each one of those performances was high quality and very professional. – Vincenzo P.
- Ive [sic] been to many shows here and what a great place! Beautiful on the outside and inside. Great acoustics. – Sam S.
1000 I St.
Modesto, California 95354Get Directions