All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
After purchasing this deal, you will need to visit the website listed on your voucher to complete redemption.
- Galveston Shrimp Festival 5K and Gumbo Stroll Combo Admission for One
- Galveston Shrimp Festival 5K and Gumbo Stroll Combo Admission for Two
- Galveston Shrimp Festival 5K and Gumbo Stroll Combo Admission for Four
- Gumbo Tasting Cup for entry into The Galveston Island Shrimp Festival
- 5K Registration with Chip Timing
- Fun performance T-shirt
- One Free Beer at early packet pickup or Runner’s Happy Hour at Beerfoot Brewery and another free beer after the Run
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Sep 29, 2017. Amount paid never expires. May be repurchased every 180 days. Online registration required. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift. Valid only for option purchased. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Galveston Island Shrimp Festival
Shrimp scampi, shrimp gumbo, shrimp bisque, shrimp burgers—the Galveston Island Shrimp Festival is all about shrimp: especially the Wild Texas Gulf Shrimp. For three days, festgoers sing its praises with cooking contests, kids' activities, and even a crazy 5K.
The Food You'll Eat
Along the Gumbo Stroll 80 teams vie for votes with potent shrimp gumbos and other shrimp-based delights. Both restaurant pros and "backyard roux roughnecks" duke it out for festival awards, including cash prizes.
Fun for the Little Ones
On Saturday, colorful and wacky floats cruise down the streets for the Lil' Shrimps Parade while riders toss strings of glittering beads for kids to collect, wear, or use as the basis of an elaborate bartering system. But the youngster fun doesn't stop there.
The Other Festivities
Live music gets hips shaking on each day of the fest, only breaking for the cooking awards. Festgoers can also check out sleek new water vessels or show off the power of their land legs by trotting along the Shrimp Scamper 5K Fun Run, where wildly costumed racers (and some of their dogs) loop through downtown.