Grocery shopping uses the latent hunting and gathering instincts usually only exercised during Easter-egg hunts and Christmas-tree trapping. Indulge your inner hunter-gatherer with this Groupon.
Choose from Five Options
- $11 for $20 worth of groceries. Purchasers receive two vouchers, each redeemable for $10 worth of groceries. Each voucher must be used on a separate visit.
- Choose from the following locations:
- 1786 Hintz Rd. in Wheeling
- 275 Skokie Blvd. in Northbrook
- 400 E Town Line Rd. in Mundelein
- 965 E Rollins Rd. in Round Lake Beach
- 955 W 75th St. in Naperville
Garden Fresh Market
Adi Mor opened the first Garden Fresh Market in 1980, selling fresh produce from a 1,000-square-foot lot in Skokie, which he would stock by taking 2 a.m. trips to Chicago's South Water market. Today, Garden Fresh Market sprawls over six suburban locations, where fresh produce from apples to zucchinis is still procured daily.
Grocery items range from fresh meat from Midwest famers to a wide selection of ethnic foods and national brands. The deli slices meats and cheeses both domestic and imported, and house-made seasonal salads and main courses make bringing dinner home easier than stealing it from a neighbor's windowsill. Many of the market's online recipes have even made it onto NBC5, giving its cooks their share of 15 minutes of fame.