- $31 for a Farmer’s Pick take-home basket ($50 value)
An estate house is surrounded by lush gardens, whose steps lead the way to a grass terrace that overlooks working vineyards and a gorgeous valley. Now, add locally made wine, picnics composed of organic fare, and live music. The call of, “Mon Ami!” may be heard. But no, you have not suddenly turned into a French expat hanging out in Tuscany. This is Garden Vineyards, a family-run vineyard in Hillsboro. (Mon Ami is the family dog.)
Garden Vineyards serves as an afternoon destination for picnics, wine tastings, and festivals. The vineyards' estate house is also available to rent for a weekend getaway or an overnight or extended stay. Visitors who especially love the wine can become members of the wine club,which includes six bottles in the spring and six more in the fall. Visitors can also become members of the vineyards' community-supported agriculture program and receive produce straight from the gardens.
Some of the Current Wines
- 2008 Blanc de Noir Sparkling: a brut-style wine with an acid and citrus fruit flavor
- 2011 White Blend: the up-front acidity transitions into a creamy finish in this full volume blend of pinot noir, viognier, and auxerrois
- 2011 Rosé Noir: a darker and rounder style than a true rosé, with aromas of rhubarb, cherry, and lavender
- 2011 Pinot Noir: with expressive cherry and black raspberry fruit flavors and prominent acidity in the finish
- See the full list of current releases.