Legendary entertainers Kenan and Kel made theatrical history when they broke down the fourth wall, and then, to the consternation of the set designer, broke down the second and third walls as well. Experience the magic of the stage with today's Groupon: for $25, you get one ticket to the Gateway Playhouse's performance of the musical Hairspray at Patchogue Theatre. Groupon purchasers will be placed in the best available seats on the day they choose to see the show. Purchase one of the following Groupons to see Hairspray:
- Friday, July 9, at 8 p.m. (a $57 value)
- Saturday, July 10, at 3 p.m. (a $57 value)
- Saturday, July 10, at 8:30 p.m. (a $57 value)
- Sunday, July 11, at 2 p.m. (a $53 value)
- Sunday, July 11, at 7 p.m. (a $53 value)
- Friday, July 16, at 8 p.m. (a $57 value)
- Saturday, July 17, at 3 p.m. (a $57 value)
- Saturday, July 17, at 8:30 p.m. (a $57 value)
- Sunday, July 18, at 7 p.m. (a $53 value)
Gateway Playhouse is in the middle of its 61st year of theatrical entertainment, having attracted top-flight actors and directors from New York and around the world. The company’s production of Hairspray pumps positivity into the classic musical about a plump teenager chasing down aspirations to boogie down on television. Eighth-note fans of '60s culture and the shimmy-inducing R & B grooves will immediately dig Hairspray’s music and lighting-fast costume changes.
Theater aficionados will feel at home in Patchogue Theatre, which has hosted stage productions, symphonies, rock bands, and the former biannual Monsters of Mime festival before the silent mosh pits got out of hand. The historic, 1,100-plus-seat theater was built in 1923 and has been restored to its snarling '20s condition, with a dazzling chandelier and smooth marble steps to achieve the gilded glow only a night at the theater could provide.
- …all the actors are talented professionals who know how to deliver a song and milk a laugh. – Aileen Jacobson, New York Times
- This is truly a fast moving ensemble that is able to switch moods, pace and costumes with what seems effortless ability, but in reality requires great skill and split second timing. – Roy Bradbrook, Dan's Papers
- This theater is like being on off-Broadway, but without the hassle of the city. You will not be disappointed with the performances – Scott P., Judy's Book
71 E Main St.
Patchogue, New York 11772-3101Get Directions