Vast winter wonderland of two million pounds of ice carved into colorful Shrek statues & 30 ft. ice slides
About This Deal
The holidays bring all sorts of dilemmas, such as what to get the person who likes nothing and when to begin blocking off the chimney. Solve one of these problems with today’s Groupon to ICE! Featuring DreamWorks’ Shrek the Halls at Gaylord Palms Resort in Kissimmee, located near Orlando. Choose between the following options:
- For $8, you get one admission for a child aged 4–12 (a $13.99 advance value; up to a $15.99 value at the door).
- For $15, you get one adult admission (up to a $27.99 advance value; up to a $29.99 value at the door).<p>
Admission for children 3 and younger is free.
Groupon holders may attend the attraction during a preselected time slot. Choose from the following dates:
- Monday, December 26, from 10 a.m. to noon
- Tuesday, December 27, from 10 a.m. to noon
- Wednesday, December 28, from 10 a.m. to noon
- Thursday, December 29, from 10 a.m. to noon
- Friday, December 30, from 10 a.m. to noon
- Monday, January 2, from 10 a.m. to noon<p>
In preparation for the Christmas at Gaylord Palms celebration, ice artisans transform the resort into a winter wonderland, carving two million pounds of ice into vibrant ice sculptures, colorful Shrek-themed ice statues, and towering icy slides. Three types of ice—clear, white, and colored—flank the attraction’s carpeted walkways, sculpted into 30-foot ice slides and beloved characters from Shrek the Halls, including Fiona, Puss in Boots, Donkey, and the jovial green ogre himself. The team of 40 sculptors hails from the snow-swept Harbin, China, where for 500 years villagers have hung ice lanterns to guide hunters through the dark and keep snow angels warm. As families wander through the whimsical village’s colorful paths, they marvel at the detailed handiwork of the holiday-themed scenes. Chilled to a frosty 9 degrees, the festive space coaxes shivers alongside squeals of delight from families and imported snowmen hiding in utility closets. To keep bodies warm and cozy, the exhibit provides hooded coats in all sizes, though visitors are encouraged to don appropriate clothing, including closed-toe shoes and long pants.
On some dates, ICE! offers discounted tickets for military members, first responders, and educators, so buyers should plan ahead to get the best value.