And1 Rocket Men’s Basketball Shoes
- Men’s comfortable lace-up sneakers
- Provides ankle support to help prevent injuries
- Durable design stands up to wear and tear
- Can be worn casually or while playing basketball
- Synthetic materials; easily wipes clean
- Fits true to size
AND1 derives its name from a common basketball expression used when a player has made a shot, been fouled during the shot, and has an upcoming free throw. But fouls whistled by refs aren’t a major component of the inspiration for AND1. Founded by three graduates from UPenn’s Wharton Business School, the company used the images and attitude of playground ball and pickup games to appeal to teens, going so far as to sponsor street-ball games (which brought later pro Rafer Alston to the nation’s attention), release mixtapes, and craft a video game. Today, the company’s focus is still basketball shoes, with players such as Lance Stephenson donning their kicks.