Fourth generation of Apple’s signature tablet features a sleek design, lifelike Retina display, and speedy 1.4GHz Apple A6X processor
NOTE: The cellular-connected tablets are only compatible with the listed carrier.
Apple iPad 4 Tablets with 9.7” Retina Display
The iPad 4 distills the virtues of a MacBook into a slim tablet that weighs in at less than 1.5 pounds.
The Retina display lends vivid clarity to movies, photos, and games with more than 3 million pixels, making it capable of finer detail than many HDTVs. The lack of visible pixels creates a smooth picture with realistic detail, which may unsettle nearby Atari characters. A fingerprint-resistant coating helps keep the visuals free of smudges.
Fast and Responsive
Powered by the Apple A6X dual-core chip, the tablet launches apps smoothly and runs them without a hitch. The iOS operating system helps it stay light on its feet as you move between apps.
Browse 1,000,000+ Apps
Apple’s ever-expanding app marketplace includes games, productivity helpers, media players, and other tools. This lets you customize the iPad 4 for anything from tracking your budget to refining your sudoku skills.
Long Battery Life
The iPad 4 can last for up to 10 hours on a single charge. Play games on long car rides, give presentations during meetings, or read magazines in bed, all without worrying about battery levels.
Wireless and Cellular Connectivity
The cellular models are compatible with data plans on Sprint’s, Verizon’s, or AT&T’s networks, enabling you to connect to the web wherever there’s cell service. If you choose not to activate a data plan, you can still use the iPad 4 with the WiFi connection alone.
- “For those who care about the best screen, excellent battery life, impressive performance and the greatest compatibility with cutting-edge apps, look no further.” – CNET
- “Incredibly fast. Gorgeous screen. Unbeatable app selection…a slam dunk for our Editors’ Choice.” – PCMag.com, November 2012
- “Brightness, contrast and viewing angles are all world-class, color reproduction is brilliant and even outdoor visibility is superb.” – Engadget
- 9.7” LED-backlit multi-touch IPS screen
- Retina display with 2048x1536 resolution
- Storage options: 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, or 128GB
- Dual-core A6X chip with quad-core graphics
- Rear-facing 5MP iSight camera films in 1080p full HD
- Front-facing 1.2MP FaceTime HD camera films in 720p HD
- Dual-band WiFi
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Siri intelligent assistant enables voice control
- Sprint models compatible with data plans on Sprint’s network
- AT&T models compatible with data plans on AT&T’s network
- Verizon models compatible with data plans on Verizon’s network
- Dimensions: 9.5” (H) x 7.31” (W) x 0.37” (D)
- Weight: 1.46lb.
- WiFi models full specifications
- Sprint models full specifications
- AT&T models full specifications
- Verizon models full specifications
- Condition: new
- One-year warranty from Apple
In the box: iPad 4 with Retina display, Lightning-to-USB cable, USB power adapter
From the start, Steve Jobs was enthralled with not only the novelty of technology but also its design. When speaking about the Apple computer, he said it was “going to be insanely beautiful.” Over the years, Apple’s products have worked to fuse innovative technology with almost artful design. The iMac stunned the world with its colorful plastic shells, which the New York Times said “more closely resemble a pack of Life Savers than a new computer line.” The glossy white iPod—no bigger than a deck of playing cards—could hold an entire library of music. Time Magazine named the iPhone the Invention of the Year for its stunning design and, uniquely, because of the promise it held for even better products in the future. With each new item they launch, Apple works to shape the way future societies communicate, learn, and dance when they’re alone.
Answers to common questions for first-time tablet buyers.
A simplified look at the complex world of tablets. Find out which features are right for you.