Bissell OptiClean Multi-Surface Canister Vacuum
Clean the Whole House
- Variable suction control for different surfaces, including floors, furniture, and curtains
- Transition seamlessly from carpet to hard floor
- Quiet Vac technology for less noise as you move around the home
- Lightweight, compact design is easy to carry up and down stairs
- Convenient carry handle
- Automatic cord retraction
- Extension wand for a longer reach
- Crevice tool for tight nooks and crannies
- Combination dusting brush/upholstery tool to capture dirt and dust
- Model number: 42Q8
- Bagged canister design
- Product dimensions: 45”x14”x13”
- Product weight: 20lb.
- Condition: new
Anna Bissell was tired of the sawdust that settled on every surface of the crockery shop she owned with her husband. But in 1876, there weren’t a lot of effective cleaning options—most people just carried their carpets outside and beat them until the debris cleared. At her encouragement, her husband Melville set out to create his own solution. The resulting carpet sweeper earned the family more than crockery ever would. When Melville died in 1889, his widow Anna took over the growing company, becoming the first female CEO in US history. She expanded Bissell’s reach throughout the US and Europe. The carpet sweeper remains a part of Bissell’s product line to this day, but the company offers plenty of modern floor products as well, from vacuums to cleaners and pet-hair removers.
A straightforward look at what different vacuum types can do—and which type is best for your floors.