Burberry Baby Touch Eau de Toilette Spray for Women
- Citrus gourmand fragrance
- Hypoallergenic for wearing around children
- Designed by perfumer Michel Girard
- Top notes of rhubarb, orange, mandarin orange, lemon verbena, and mint
- Middle notes of cyclamen, orange blossom, lily of the valley, and jasmine
- Base notes of vanilla, moss, and milk
- Introduce in 2002
- 3.3 fl. oz.
At his Hampshire shop in the 1850s, Thomas Burberry outfitted hunters and fishermen in rugged gear. Rain was a real misery for the outdoorsmen, so Burberry set out to create an alternative to an umbrella or the shade of an elephant. By 1888, he’d secured the patent for his design: a breathable cotton blend wound so tightly it could resist moisture and rips. Officially, it was called gabardine, but in common parlance, hunters, farmers, pub keepers, and even King Edward VII called it “Burberry.”
At the onset of World War I, the inventor used the fabric for a waterproof trench coat literally for the trenches, fitted with the necessary epaulets and D-rings for an artillery-facing soldier. The trench’s style caught on and, decorated with Burberry’s signature tartan print, remains a staple of the brand today. Despite these ties to tradition, Burberry’s creative team lives by the motto Prorsum, Latin for “forward.” Classic time-tested shapes are updated with modern details such as statement buttons, metallic fabrics, and seasonal colors.