Burberry by Burberry Eau de Parfum
- Fruity-vanilla women's fragrance
- Daytime and casual wear
- Modern, almost minimalist fragrance inspired by London and other cities
- Top notes of peach, apricot, cool pear, black currant, and green apple
- Heart notes of jasmine, sandalwood, moss, and cedar
- Base notes of vanilla and musk
- Introduced in 1995
- 3.3 fl. oz. spray bottle for even dispersal of fragrance or disguised super-serum mist
- Rounded glass bottle with chrome cap
At his Hampshire shop in the 1850s, Thomas Burberry outfitted hunters and fishermen in rugged gear. Rain was a real misery for the outdoorsmen, so Burberry set out to create an alternative to an umbrella or the shade of an elephant. By 1888, he'd secured the patent for his design: a breathable cotton blend wound so tightly it could resist moisture and rips. Officially, it was called gabardine, but in common parlance, hunters, farmers, pub keepers, and even King Edward VII called it “Burberry.”
At the onset of World War I, the inventor used the fabric for a waterproof trench coat literally for the trenches, fitted with the necessary epaulets and D-rings for an artillery-facing soldier. The trench’s style caught on and, decorated with Burberry’s signature tartan print, remains a staple of the brand today. Despite these ties to tradition, Burberry's creative team lives by the motto Prorsum, Latin for "forward.” Classic time-tested shapes are updated with modern details such as statement buttons, metallic fabrics, and seasonal colors.
Like Groupon Goods on Facebook for hand-picked deals, product giveaways, and more Goods stuff.