Burberry The Beat Eau de Toilette for Men
- Men’s spicy-woody fragrance
- For daytime wear
- 2009 Fragrance Foundation awards for Men’s Luxe Fragrance of the Year and Men’s Nouveau Niche Fragrance of the Year
- Top notes of vetiver bourbon, citron, violet leaves accord, and leatherwood
- Heart notes of geranium and thyme
- Base notes of black pepper cedrat, vetiver, and woods
- Introduced in 2008
- 3.3 fl. oz. spray
- Flask-like bottle with familiar Burberry tartan print
At his Hampshire shop in the 1850s, Thomas Burberry outfitted hunters and fishermen in rugged gear. Rain was a real misery for the outdoorsmen, so Burberry set out to create an alternative to an umbrella or the shade of an elephant. By 1888, he’d secured the patent for his design: a breathable cotton blend wound so tightly it could resist moisture and rips. Officially, it was called gabardine, but in common parlance, hunters, farmers, pub keepers, and even King Edward VII called it “Burberry.”
At the onset of World War I, the inventor used the fabric for a waterproof trench coat literally for the trenches, fitted with the necessary epaulets and D-rings for an artillery-facing soldier. The trench’s style caught on and, decorated with Burberry’s signature tartan print, remains a staple of the brand today. Despite these ties to tradition, Burberry’s creative team lives by the motto Prorsum, Latin for “forward.” Classic time-tested shapes are updated with modern details such as statement buttons, metallic fabrics, and seasonal colors.
For questions pertaining to this deal, click the Ask a Question button below. For post-purchase inquiries, please contact Groupon customer support.
Goods sold by Groupon Goods. View the Groupon Goods FAQ to learn more.