Burberry Weekend for Men or Women (1, 1.7, or 3.3 Fl. Oz.)
- Women’s eau de parfum:
- Top notes: Mandarin, nectarine, green sap, water fruits
- Heart notes: Blue hyacinth, iris, wild rose, peach flower, red cyclamen
- Base notes: Cedarwood, sandalwood, musk
- Men’s eau de parfum:
- Top notes: Bergamot, mandarin orange, lemon, grapefruit, juicy pineapple, melon
- Heart notes: Ivy leaves, sandalwood, oak moss
- Base notes: Amber, honey
- Men’s or women’s eau de parfum fragrance
- Recommended for casual daytime wear
- Size: 1, 1.7, or 3.3 fl. oz.
- Spray flacon
- Introduced in 1997
At his Hampshire shop in the 1850s, Thomas Burberry outfitted hunters and fishermen in rugged gear. Rain was a real misery for the outdoorsmen, so Burberry set out to create an alternative to an umbrella or the shade of an elephant. By 1888, he’d secured the patent for his design: a breathable cotton blend wound so tightly it could resist moisture and rips. Officially, it was called gabardine, but in common parlance, hunters, farmers, pub keepers, and even King Edward VII called it “Burberry.”
At the onset of World War I, the inventor used the fabric for a waterproof trench coat literally for the trenches, fitted with the necessary epaulets and D-rings for an artillery-facing soldier. The trench’s style caught on and, decorated with Burberry’s signature tartan print, remains a staple of the brand today. Despite these ties to tradition, Burberry’s creative team lives by the motto Prorsum, Latin for “forward.” Classic time-tested shapes are updated with modern details such as statement buttons, metallic fabrics, and seasonal colors.
Man or woman, perfume or cologne, learn how to select the right scent notes for professional, casual, and even romantic wear with this fragrance guide.
Too much and you'll clear the room. Too little and you've wasted a spritz. Hit the sweet spot with our guide on where and how to apply perfume.